• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone here familiar with Camp Lejeune firearm policies?

Decoligny

imported post

blt38 wrote:
While I would like to agree with Gilly, there are some potential legal ramifications to carrying illegally aboard a MCB. If she gets stopped and they find a weapon in the vehicle and it is NOT registered on base, it is possilbe that she could be charged with violation of a lawful order (Art 92, UCMJ). There may be sea lawyers that tell you not to worry about it, but it would be prudent that you at least consider the ramification. Below is the link that addresses Art 92. Good luck

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm92.htm
I can tell you with absolute certainty (seen it happen) that if you carry concealed on base, and you get caught, even if you have a Concealed Carry License, you have your security clearance PERMANENTLY revoked andbecome a civilian in short order.

Decoligny

imported post

USMC91E6 wrote:
brigguard5831 wrote:
hi I am at Camp Lejune right now and have just recieved my ccp. I asked the gate guard how to go about carryn out in town w/o violating the cc on base and he told me to holster it out in town. He also explained that "all fire arms must be seprate from the ammo and locked up when in the vehicle" so not only do i have to "arm my self in public" where i can have the police called for "going armed to the terror of the people" but also brandishing a fire arm. When i asked what or where the base order on oc he didnt even know where to start and said that he needs to get clarification on it.

I've been staioned at Camp Lejeune and has transported by firearmon base many times. Check out Camp Lejeune Base Order 5500.1F. i tried to post the link but I could not do it. I found it on a Google search.

According to the order, you can transport a firearm on base as long as it is unloaded,and locked in the trunk of the vehicle. If the vehicle does not have a trunk you can transport it in a Locked case or glove box.

No firearm loaded will be transported. All ammo will be seperated from the firearm.

This is on base only. Once off base NC laws apply.

I hope this info will help you.
Transported yes, stored no. This deals with taking the firearm either from base housing directly to off base, or directly from the armory to off base, and when bringing a firearm on base directly to housing or the armory.

USMC91E6

imported post

tHEDecoligny wrote:
USMC91E6 wrote:
brigguard5831 wrote:
hi I am at Camp Lejune right now and have just recieved my ccp. I asked the gate guard how to go about carryn out in town w/o violating the cc on base and he told me to holster it out in town. He also explained that "all fire arms must be seprate from the ammo and locked up when in the vehicle" so not only do i have to "arm my self in public" where i can have the police called for "going armed to the terror of the people" but also brandishing a fire arm. When i asked what or where the base order on oc he didnt even know where to start and said that he needs to get clarification on it.

I've been staioned at Camp Lejeune and has transported by firearmon base many times. Check out Camp Lejeune Base Order 5500.1F. i tried to post the link but I could not do it. I found it on a Google search.

According to the order, you can transport a firearm on base as long as it is unloaded,and locked in the trunk of the vehicle. If the vehicle does not have a trunk you can transport it in a Locked case or glove box.

No firearm loaded will be transported. All ammo will be seperated from the firearm.

This is on base only. Once off base NC laws apply.

I hope this info will help you.
Transported yes, stored no. This deals with taking the firearm either from base housing directly to off base, or directly from the armory to off base, and when bringing a firearm on base directly to housing or the armory.
The only thing that Camp Lejeunebase order 5500.1Gstates is that your firearm has to be locked in the trunk of your car or locked in a lockbox if your vehicle dont have a trunk. It does not state restrictions on where you can go once on base. Other Marines and I have talked about this alot and have even talked to higher ups on the matter and they all agree. We have even contucted unit vehicle searches and was intructed that if we fine firearms properly stored per the Base Order in vehicles of Marines living off base, we could not do anything to them.

jegoodin

imported post

http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/base_orders/5000/bo_55001F.pdf

This is the latest version posted on their web site. It is fairly old, from August 1998. This version spells out that you can't have a firearm on base unless it is registered on base. It mentions being able to target shoot on base in areas approved by the base commander and addresses transportation of firearms. It doesn't expressly say under what conditions you can legally transport firearms, but it leads you to believe that "just because" isn't a reason the commanding general would approve of.

USMC91E6

imported post

jegoodin wrote:
http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/base_orders/5000/bo_55001F.pdf

This is the latest version posted on their web site. It is fairly old, from August 1998. This version spells out that you can't have a firearm on base unless it is registered on base. It mentions being able to target shoot on base in areas approved by the base commander and addresses transportation of firearms. It doesn't expressly say under what conditions you can legally transport firearms, but it leads you to believe that "just because" isn't a reason the commanding general would approve of.
BO 5500.1G is the latest version. It was published in March 2004