Thread: looking for a new Concealed Carry

Post imported post

stuck between the sig p220compact and the taurus pt 111.
    any suggestions wouold be helpful , or if you just prefer anything else small in size.
    I will surrender my arms one trigger pull at a time.

Post imported post

Nothing wrong with the Kel-Tec P-11 IMO, small, plenty of rounds and good warranty too

Post imported post

rdbro83 wrote:
    stuck between the sig p220compact and the taurus pt 111.
    Is this a BUG ?

Out of those two choices, I'd recommend the Taurus PT111.

Much "MUCH"better on the $wallet$ too.

My own recommendation for a Sub-Compact would be the

XD SC .40 - $400 to $585

You can Google XD Subcompact and find lots os sellers.

My mom chose this gun a while back. It's very nice, has a real good weight for a Sub-Compact and I love the Springfield XD Features and ergonomics anyway.

Post imported post

i do like the xd in the olive drab color , anything reliable and small under 500 bones would be great. and this seems to fit the bill{no pun intended}

Post imported post

When it comes to the very piece of hardware that will possibly stand between life and death for you, what it costs is not the first thing on my list. I'll agree that when you're on a very tight budget, "A gun" is better than "NO gun," but if you can afford it, why short-change yourself? My life is worth more than the "lowest bidder."

I have carried the P245, which is essentially the older version of the P220 Compact, but without the beavertail. Extremely accurate and easy to carry/conceal weapon, especially IWB (I used a Kramer #1-1/2). You will find that the single-stack .45's will be much more comfortable to carry on a regular basis than the double-stack ones (like the Taurus). Another couple of single stack .45s you may wish toadd to your list are the Kahr P45 and GLOCK 36. These are single stack polymer-framed guns and are very light and thin (you will carry it more if it's not a burden on your belt).

From your two options, however, I'd say go SIG.

Post imported post

rdbro83 wrote:
    stuck between the sig p220compact and the taurus pt 111
    Well, you're comparing apples and pears, (most) P220's are .45ACP vs. the PT111 9mm.
    The Taurus PT145 is very similar to the PT111 but is a .45.

I have a 3rd generation PT145, it is very nice although I have heard that earlier revisions of this model had various problems. Right now I'm craving a p220, if I had a P220, I probably would not be craving a Taurus, but it really is a pretty nice little gun.

The Taurus is smaller, lighter, and 1/3 the cost, but has many fewer choices for holsters, sights, magazines, and other support gear. Not all that surprising given that the 220 has been around for almost 40 years, the MilPro only about five.

Post imported post

yep my mind is made up, just called my local dealer and hes got a sig certified used p220 he said he'll give me a good deal on , i said hold it till tomorrow im coming with a deposit.

thanks very much for the info and suggestions guys. you all were a very big help in making my final decision (along with youtube reviews...lol)