• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

looking for a new Concealed Carry

rdbro83

imported post

stuck between the sig p220compact and the taurus pt 111.
any suggestions wouold be helpful , or if you just prefer anything else small in size.

Dustin

imported post

rdbro83 wrote:
stuck between the sig p220compact and the taurus pt 111.

Is this a BUG ?

Out of those two choices, I'd recommend the Taurus PT111.

Much "MUCH"better on the $wallet$ too.

My own recommendation for a Sub-Compact would be the

XD SC .40 - $400 to $585

IMG_4007.JPG

StateXD5.jpg

You can Google XD Subcompact and find lots os sellers.

My mom chose this gun a while back. It's very nice, has a real good weight for a Sub-Compact and I love the Springfield XD Features and ergonomics anyway.

rdbro83

imported post

i do like the xd in the olive drab color , anything reliable and small under 500 bones would be great. and this seems to fit the bill{no pun intended}

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

When it comes to the very piece of hardware that will possibly stand between life and death for you, what it costs is not the first thing on my list. I'll agree that when you're on a very tight budget, "A gun" is better than "NO gun," but if you can afford it, why short-change yourself? My life is worth more than the "lowest bidder."

I have carried the P245, which is essentially the older version of the P220 Compact, but without the beavertail. Extremely accurate and easy to carry/conceal weapon, especially IWB (I used a Kramer #1-1/2). You will find that the single-stack .45's will be much more comfortable to carry on a regular basis than the double-stack ones (like the Taurus). Another couple of single stack .45s you may wish toadd to your list are the Kahr P45 and GLOCK 36. These are single stack polymer-framed guns and are very light and thin (you will carry it more if it's not a burden on your belt).

From your two options, however, I'd say go SIG.

architect

imported post

rdbro83 wrote:
stuck between the sig p220compact and the taurus pt 111
Well, you're comparing apples and pears, (most) P220's are .45ACP vs. the PT111 9mm.
The Taurus PT145 is very similar to the PT111 but is a .45.

I have a 3rd generation PT145, it is very nice although I have heard that earlier revisions of this model had various problems. Right now I'm craving a p220, if I had a P220, I probably would not be craving a Taurus, but it really is a pretty nice little gun.

The Taurus is smaller, lighter, and 1/3 the cost, but has many fewer choices for holsters, sights, magazines, and other support gear. Not all that surprising given that the 220 has been around for almost 40 years, the MilPro only about five.

rdbro83

imported post

yep my mind is made up, just called my local dealer and hes got a sig certified used p220 he said he'll give me a good deal on , i said hold it till tomorrow im coming with a deposit.

thanks very much for the info and suggestions guys. you all were a very big help in making my final decision (along with youtube reviews...lol;))