• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TMJ 4 Slanderous Picnic Report

GJD

imported post

[url]http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/44874467.html[/url]

"

Bring Your Gun, Get Free Brats and Burgers

TOWN OF ONALASKA, Wis. (AP) -- A picnic open to the public at a park in La Crosse County will offer free brats and hamburgers and an invitation to bring your gun.

Organizer Hubert Hoffman says Sunday's picnic at Marvin Gardens Park in the Town of Onalaska celebrates a recent opinion from state Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen that citizens who openly carry firearms should not be cited for disorderly conduct.

Hoffman says the picnic is open to everyone, including children and those who don't want to bring a gun.

The gun rights advocate says it's a way to let the public know that openly carrying a firearm isn't dangerous or risky.

La Crosse County sheriff's Capt. Mike Horstman says Hoffman is "legally entitled" to host the open carry picnic.

------

Information from: La Crosse Tribune, http://www.lacrossetribune.com"

TMJ-4 just commented upon the above story. They went on to say that only rednecks are going to attend and if someone doesn't get their burger done right, there might be problems because all will be carrying guns.

Awfuland slantedjournalism at its best!

GJD

imported post

Funny thing is - Courtney Gerish jumped on the bandwagon making fun of the picnic - but she is the one that learned how to schoot for a piece last year and said how she had a new found respect for guns, blah blah blah.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And that is why I watch Fox 6. I was a bit shocked to see that WTMJ picked up a lot of the early coverage, but channel 6 has been the least (liberally) biased of the local stations. I admit that Fox has its own issues, but at least it isn't a liberal agenda.

FLR&@

imported post

I can guarantee you the cookout will not make national news, like another picnic that happenedin Milwaukee a few years ago.