• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry, Downtown Indiana

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Had to visit an office downtown, across from the County Court House. Camo shorts, light blue shirt, Vietnam Vet baseball cap, white sneakers (with socks), and my Hi-Point C9 on my right hip in a Fobus holster.

Parked on 9th Street, didn't have any coins for the meter (yes, you know what's coming). Went to the office, discussed business, returned to car.

Several people passed me going to the office, nobody said or appeared to notice anything. At the office, the secretary never mentioned my sidearm clearly visible. And on the way back, nobody passing me said anything or appeared to notice.

Got to my car, the Meter Maid had just finished citing my vehicle. She said had she seen me returning, or if I had yelled, all would have been forgiven, but it was too late, the ticket was written. My greeting to her? "Aha! You got me! Shame on me."

We chatted a little (would you believe the cost of a parking ticket in Downtown Indiana is actually FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS?). I apologized for inconveniencing her. We left with a wave and a smile.

Not once did she comment about my sidearm.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Five bucks if paid within two days.

No problem, used my Giant Eagle Advantage card at the GetCo station just outside of town and got 27 gallons of gas for free (I let my fuelperks build up). Free gas vs. parking ticket (my fault), not a problem at all.

david.ross

imported post

Maybe you should carry a coin pouch on your belt next time, would be cheaper. ;) I usually carry 4USD in various change in my car... If you could've saved the money it cost for the ticket you could've bought a nice box of tea... or others would say beer. :)

49446_200.jpg

Those who get it, don't say a word. :D