• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

JCPenny Boise store security going anti OC & CC

Eagleeye

imported post

I just learned that Boise JCPenny's store security has gone anti OC & CC, despite their Cooperate office (last time I checked) having no Official policy against either for both Customers and Employees.

Never have OC'd there myself and have no hard proof this is true except except hearing it from employees.

This change was supposedly implemented by head of store security, I will not post the more sensitive information I have publicly ans I want to save mike any problems.

If you are intrested in additional info, please PM me.

what I am thinking of is for local OC'ers to OC there and see what is what and if this is true try to get this cleared up like with wally world.

please post any other ideas you might have, but please don't post any remotely sensitive info publicly.

thanks

headhunter09

imported post

Well i think the reasoning for this is because the mall its self is a no gun zone and i dont think that jc penny owns the lot they are on so they rent from the mall and that could be the problem so. It would be a good idea to not just go there and see what happens. Just my $0.02.

Eagleeye

imported post

headhunter09 wrote:
the mall its self is a no gun zone
Since when?

Last I heard it was A-OK, but i've been out of the oc.org loop for a while (been to busy at work) so I guess things can change.

never seen any signs myself to be honest.

headhunter09

imported post

Yeah i was harassed about a month back for OCing my glock and was confronted by mall security and even had the to talk to two LEO's about it and they told me it was private property so it was a no go on guns in the mall. But hey if the mall wants to paint a target on the back then they can do so, how many BG's will say " oh look noone will try to stop me now hahahahahahaha". I personally dont like a gun free zone, but im not the owner so i cant change anything:cry:.

G

imported post

So, theres NO Signage anywhere on the mall entrances?? Hmmm, sounds like they have little to go on to enforce this "no defense" zone theyve got going, Id get some real clarification from the management and/or owners of the mall.

Vandal

imported post

There is signage. They are on a rule sheet at the entrances to the mall. The "no Guns" part is just a line in the list of things they want to prohibit.

widescreen

imported post

I'm new here, so forgive my ignorance. But if you carry concealed in JCP, or even in the mall, how can they stop you if they don't know it's there?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

The mall is private property and can legally ban guns, however, this only applies to the common areas. Individual stores are allowed to make their own rules for the space they rent, as the space they rent is now their private property. Borders is a good example. They have a separate entrance and in the past have allowed OC there.

Basically, if you choose to carry anyways, you're breaking their rules but not any laws. I personally won't spend my money in anti-gun places. It's the most effective way to "vote."

BrianEMT

imported post

No private store that prohibits CC is going to stop me, if you're doing it right they shouldn't know to begin with, RIGHT!?

widescreen

imported post

That is exactly the info I was looking for Indiana. Thanks. I don't mind following rules people set at their businesses. Just means I have to go and give someone else my money. Either way I hate the mall. I get bad enough looks when I walk in there without khaki shorts and a polo let alone if I were to OC.