Thread: The "Fireams Freedom Act"

Post imported post

A variety of "Firearms Freedom Acts" are being introduced RIGHT NOW in many states.

In addition to the following, rumors are flying around that other states are working on similar legislation. They are: Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, and Washington.

Montana (ALREADY LAW)
    http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm

South Carolina S.794
    http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess118_.../bills/794.htm

Minnesota H.F. 2376
    https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/...p;version=list

Alaska HB 186
    http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/g...amp;session=26

Tennessee
    HB 1796
    http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Bill...lNumber=HB1796
    SB 1610
    http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/106/Bill/SB1610.pdf

Texas HB 1863
    http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs...l/HB01863I.htm

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

This is great that the many states are recognizing that it's time to put the Fed Government in it's place. It should have been done along time ago.

Post imported post

This sovereignty movement is a much-needed shot across Washington's bow and one source reports 35 states are at some stage of action.

It could well be the catalyst that resurrects Free America. It really is about much more than guns.

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    It could well be the catalyst that resurrects Free America. It really is about much more than guns.
    Amen.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    This sovereignty movement is a much-needed shot across Washington's bow and one source reports 35 states are at some stage of action.

Absolutely!

Texas's resolution states that any items/actions mandated by the federal government that do not meet those items enumerated in the Constitution as being allowed, and also their state constitution, will be rejected.. as in not done.

Hoorah for Texas.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Do'oh looked it up and by golly it's in current legislation. Can't for some reason get the text of the bill, and don't know what it covers. But it looks like it's going forward. And for some reason I can't derive from the KsGov website the laws concerning open carry. maybe I'm just not puttin in the correct question.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

From the MN link under exemptions:
    (4) a firearm, other than a shotgun, that discharges two or more projectiles with one
    3.19activation of the trigger or other firing device.
    Huh, so.... Unless there is some definition of "shotgun" that I'm missing....this makes full auto shotguns exempt...... but rifles with birdshot are not exempt. Guess there are no Federal regulations againstrifles with birdshotso they are still ok. I'm moving to Minnesota and making me a drum magazine fedslugfiring supressed shotgun.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

y8urp

Post imported post

The Democrat controlled House in Mississippi continues to suppress such legislation by holding it hostage in committee and refusing to let it come up for a vote on the floor. A caseof a few preventing the many from exercising their rights. I really wish we could clean "house" in Mississppi - we are way overdue! Take note Mr. Speaker!

Post imported post

Brass Magnet,
    Unless we are talking slugs, each shotgun discharge by definition carries multiple projectiles. This must have been the Legislature's meaning.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
    From the MN link under exemptions:
    (4) a firearm, other than a shotgun, that discharges two or more projectiles with one
    3.19activation of the trigger or other firing device.
    Huh, so.... Unless there is some definition of "shotgun" that I'm missing....this makes full auto shotguns exempt...... but rifles with birdshot are not exempt. Guess there are no Federal regulations againstrifles with birdshotso they are still ok. I'm moving to Minnesota and making me a drum magazine fedslugfiring supressed shotgun.
    This might be in reference to double barreled shotguns that may only have one trigger that fires both barels.

Post imported post

It's too bad the Montana legislation doesn't exempt full auto's.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Post imported post

Old dog and Task Force,

I understand the "meaning" and why it was put in there but unless it's actually stated.... There may be a loophole there is all I'm saying.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Post imported post

I contacted my state congress critters and senator asking them to sponsor a similar bill here in WA.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Congrats on you guys in the states that passed laws like this. I wish our state would do such a thing, but many of our elected officials are sissy's even if they are "pro-gun". LMAO critters? thats great

EVEYONE CONTACT YOUR STATE CRITTERS!

Ben

Post imported post

BJA wrote:
    Congrats on you guys in the states that passed laws like this. I wish our state would do such a thing, but many of our elected officials are sissy's even if they are "pro-gun". LMAO critters? thats great

EVEYONE CONTACT YOUR STATE CRITTERS!

Ben
    In WI, unfortunately, no matter what your critters do your governor won't sign it.

Post imported post

Support someone who will, campiagn for them, vote for them. Wash, rinse and repeat as necessary

Post imported post

Actually, my governor sucks, too. He just vetoed a no Brady check for concealed permit holders bill. He's up for reelection in 2010.

Post imported post

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's high time Virginia gets started on this.

Legislature has adjourned for now, but they will be back.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    It's too bad the Montana legislation doesn't exempt full auto's.
    Yeah, I could get behind a State that tossed out the NFA. Why so limp I wonder? If you're gonna tell the Fed what for, why only go halfway?

It really only prevents any kind of AWB from affecting the state. It doesn't tear down any existing infringement.

Boo....

But it's something.... If Blowbama rams an AWB through, I know where I'm going to have a PO Box......
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

This is beautiful!!! I am excited to hear that some of our states are finally standing up for our constitutional rights!!! Could someone please keep me abreast of this. I am a combat vet and can`t watch the news as it gives me flash backs. Here is my email address: OIFvet1966@yahoo.com. Thanks Tad

Post imported post

Texas Legislature = Mega Fail
    The bill got through committee, but died afterwards.

The governor should call a special session just for this bill. The Federal government has been acting unconstitutionally for too long, and that doesn't look like it will change any time soon.

Post imported post

orthzar wrote:
    Texas Legislature = Mega Fail
    The bill got through committee, but died afterwards.

The governor should call a special session just for this bill. The Federal government has been acting unconstitutionally for too long, and that doesn't look like it will change any time soon.
    I'm sad to say Texas just ain't what it used to be. A little embarrassing.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.