Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings - attack in a gun free zone

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=10355703

One person was injured during an armed robbery at Buffalo Wild Wings in Shockoe Bottom early Wednesday morning.
    The victim, and employee at the restaurant, was beaten about the face during the robbery, according to investigators. The victim's injuries are not considered life-threatening.
    The incident happened around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday while 3 employees were opening the restaurant. The business was not open at the time of the robbery.
    Police are looking for at least three suspects in this case. All threewere wearing hooded winter jackets and masks when they came into the building from a rear unlocked door.
    Before the suspects fled the restaurant, they forced the3 employees into the freezer where they locked them inside.
    Police are still searching for suspects and are asking anyone with information to call crimestoppers at 780-1000.
    Stay with 8News for updates.

Find businesses that are pro gun...and those that aren't. Friend or Foe - Version 2 is online!

Post imported post

I would hazard a guess that the perps knew it was a "gun-free" zone

Post imported post

blt38 wrote:
    Of course they did. There's a sign on the door to help them locate potential victims:

The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    blt38 wrote:
    Of course they did. There's a sign on the door to help them locate potential victims:
    What was Forest Gump's quote from his Momma, "stupid is as stupid does"

Post imported post

Aren't Buffalo Wild Wings a franchise business so each owner could set their own rules? My friend and I have OC'ed at the location on Hull St. in Chesterfield with no problems and no sign. I have OC'ed multiple times in the Bottom but not at BW3s. Does this location actually have a sign? Not that it matters I guess as I'm sure that carry is prohibited for employees.

Post imported post

The one at Greenbrier posts a sign prohibiting all firearms. There was another thread around here that had the same thing.

Post imported post

OC'ed to the one down here in southern Va Beach (Landstown Commons)three times or so(once with a large group of people) and didn't have an issue.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    blt38 wrote:
    If that's their sign, it looks to me like they only discriminate against semi-autos (kind of like DC). I'd have to assume wheel guns are okay...