• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings - attack in a gun free zone

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=10355703

One person was injured during an armed robbery at Buffalo Wild Wings in Shockoe Bottom early Wednesday morning.
The victim, and employee at the restaurant, was beaten about the face during the robbery, according to investigators. The victim's injuries are not considered life-threatening.
The incident happened around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday while 3 employees were opening the restaurant. The business was not open at the time of the robbery.
Police are looking for at least three suspects in this case. All threewere wearing hooded winter jackets and masks when they came into the building from a rear unlocked door.
Before the suspects fled the restaurant, they forced the3 employees into the freezer where they locked them inside.
Police are still searching for suspects and are asking anyone with information to call crimestoppers at 780-1000.
Stay with 8News for updates.

wylde007

imported post

blt38 wrote:
I would hazard a guess that the perps knew it was a "gun-free" zone
Of course they did. There's a sign on the door to help them locate potential victims:
NO_GUNS.gif

vt357

imported post

Aren't Buffalo Wild Wings a franchise business so each owner could set their own rules? My friend and I have OC'ed at the location on Hull St. in Chesterfield with no problems and no sign. I have OC'ed multiple times in the Bottom but not at BW3s. Does this location actually have a sign? Not that it matters I guess as I'm sure that carry is prohibited for employees.

Jshu

imported post

The one at Greenbrier posts a sign prohibiting all firearms. There was another thread around here that had the same thing.

JosephMingle

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
blt38 wrote:
I would hazard a guess that the perps knew it was a "gun-free" zone
Of course they did. There's a sign on the door to help them locate potential victims:
NO_GUNS.gif
If that's their sign, it looks to me like they only discriminate against semi-autos (kind of like DC). I'd have to assume wheel guns are okay...