• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Carry: UPDATE

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Thank you, Dispatcher!
No Problem.

We are likely to see *very* quick action on this bill. Obama has told Congress that he wants the bill on his desk, ready to sign, before Memorial Day. (Because it's always been the Executive Branch's job to command the legislature. :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:)

Demo's are desperate, they may just shove it through. I mean there was almost no debate on the amendment and even the most anti-gun demos voted for it.

Pelosi is in the fire right now with her knowing about the torturing of prisoners and condoning it, then lying about it, then telling the country that the CIA is lying about everything now. She does not want bad press.

The DC Voting Rights bill got sidetracked because it was not a pressing issue. It's something the Demo's could wait on.

The Demo's do *not* want to look complacent on the economy, they perceive it to be the only edge they have over the Republicans

This is one of Obams's biggest pet projects right now, he'll likely sign it, even with the amendment.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Thanks for the updates, Dispatcher. I half hope it passes so that we can get the National Park issue cleared up finally. I half hope it chokes, 'cause I am not at all interested in the credit card part of the bill. We'll see. ;)

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

American Rattlesnake wrote:
Thanks for the updates, Dispatcher. I half hope it passes so that we can get the National Park issue cleared up finally. I half hope it chokes, 'cause I am not at all interested in the credit card part of the bill. We'll see. ;)
Instead of advocating personal/financial responsibility and accountability (People need to read the fine print! If you can't afford the card, don't get it.), Obama wants even more government interference.

With Obama the government is like a big balloon, every time he huffs and puffs all it does is grow larger.... but balloons can only hold so much hot air until they burst.

Statesman

imported post

I believe this ammendment/bill is a non-issue for the gun grabbers, and will pass without a fuss. I don't think the gun grabbers give a rats butt about this amendment, because they are working on gun grabbing measures that will make National Park carry entirely irrelevant.

old dog

imported post

Of course there are Democrats who are reliable defenders and Republicans who are not. Montana's governor leaps to mind. But permit me a point that you will probably see as tortured:

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong -- but that's the way to bet.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

old dog wrote:
AWD, could you expand on that?
Not to put words in his mouth, but opposition to a politician simply due to party affiliation is kind of senseless. Oppose Reid due to his errors in governance, not because there is a "D" after his name.

For example, my congressman is a Democrat who has staunchly opposed every single spending bill that's come through this year and has gone on the record opposing gun control measures. He has also supported every measure intended to increase individual liberty at the national level thus far. I am impressed with this man due to the record of his votes. He has not let party affiliation sway his sense of right and wrong. He represents his constituency.

For what it's worth....
VERY well said. Opposing a politician merely because of the letter behind his name is ALMOST as stupid as supporting one for the same reason.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
old dog wrote:
AWD, could you expand on that?
Not to put words in his mouth, but opposition to a politician simply due to party affiliation is kind of senseless.  Oppose Reid due to his errors in governance, not because there is a "D" after his name.

For example, my congressman is a Democrat who has staunchly opposed every single spending bill that's come through this year and has gone on the record opposing gun control measures.  He has also supported every measure intended to increase individual liberty at the national level thus far.  I am impressed with this man due to the record of his votes.  He has not let party affiliation sway his sense of right and wrong.  He represents his constituency.

For what it's worth....

^that

Parties are a joke.  They both take your rights away, just on different ends.  They've set you on fire at both ends and you're so pre-occupied with your burning ass that you don't realize your hair is on fire too.  That's the goal.  Keep half the people looking one direction and half looking the other direction.  Then no one sees the big picture and they spend too much time fighting amongst themselves to really change anything.
Allow me for the millionth time to add my +1000 to this sentiment.

I was going to preach some more, but you guys made my points for me this time. Thanks.