• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom Festival Tawas, MI July 3-10, 2009

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Dear MOC participants. Michigan Open Carry, Inc. is asking for volunteers to man a table at this festival. Our table will be next to the NRA table and I’m working with Joe Fisher a NRA representative. The festival is a week long and the booth hours are from about Noon until 8:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Read the information below and check out this site: http://www.TawasBayCenterfortheArts.com[/b]

[/b]If you can help spread the word about Open Carry and our gun rights as well as have fun in a great resort town PM SpringerXDacp and let him know what days and hours you would like to man/woman our booth. This is a great oppertunity to make a presence in the east part of the state.

Freedom Week Festival
Made IN America

July 3-10, 2009

[align=left]"Made in America” is the theme for this year’s Freedom Festival fine arts and crafts show. Taking place during the first two days of our area's only week long Independence Day festival you’ll enjoy the 4th of July Parade followed directly by the opening of our show and then on to a full week of activities.

Weekend kickoff will be July 4th, 2009

Art Booths and Vendorswillopen at 12n – 8:00pm Saturday and 11am – 7pm Sunday.

Festival Hours,for July 6th, 2009 Monday through Friday are 4pm - 8pm. Though music will likely extend later and food vendors are welcomed to extend their hours both earlier and later.

The show is set inHarbor Park, the Lake Huron side park at the State Dock, in the heart of bustling downtown East Tawas. That's at the intersection of U.S. 23 and Bay Street directly across from Newman Street East Tawas' downtown district.

Freedom Week is the only week long Independence Day festival on the East side of Michigan. We celebrate our Freedoms while recognizing it's Costs, during this week. Each day is themed for a different aspect of our freedoms our American Heritage.

With days committed to Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, American Innovation, Recognition of our Veterans,and so on...

Freedom Week opens July 3rd and closes July 10th, enjoying the height of the tourist season. Located in Harbor Park, at the State Dock in Downtown East Tawas, Michigan, it draws an amazing amount of press from multiple print media, television and radio. We have WKJC and 91.3 The Rock Northern Christian Radio as partners.

[/b]
[/b]
The week is filled with events and live music nightly. With our partners in the radio world and Impact Christian Music Festival we have bands coming in from all over.

[/b]
To tell you of all that we are doing, would be going on and on, I'll spare you that. Please look at our website as we load the new event it grows daily, so check it often. For instance, we've just added a Tea Party for Monday July 6th, this has yet to be added.

[/b]http://www.TawasBayCenterfortheArts.com[/b]
Kit and Farah Rose Eagal[/b][/b]
(989)747-8871[/b]
[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[/align]

Venator

imported post

EVENT SCHEDULE SO FAR:

"Freedom Week” Festival Events July 3rd – July 10th

Friday July 3rd Opening Reception 5pm - 8pm

Artists, Vendors and Patrons gather for a meet and greet
5:30pm Sounds of Silver perform
6:30pm Big Band Ensemble perform

Saturday July 4th Made In America 12pm-10pm

Hospitality tent-
Lunch 12-2pm
Snacks throughout the day

“Made in America” Fine Arts and Crafts Show 12pm-6pm
Food Court
Face Painting
NRA Lectures and Instruction ~ NRA Training
St Joseph Hospital Raffle
Tawas Bay Players Raffle

Music: Hours 1:30pm throughout the day:

D.J. BK music variety Throughout the day
3pm A Rotterdam November
5pm VOR Global
7pm Community Band
8:30pm 3rd and Soul

Sunday July 5th Made In America 12pm-10pm
Hospitality tent
Lunch 12-2pm
Snacks throughout the day

“Made in America” Fine Arts and Crafts Show 12pm-6pm
Food Court
Face Painting
NRA Lectures and Instruction ~ NRA Training
St Joseph Hospital raffle
Tawas Bay Players Raffle

Freedom Ride
12pm - 2pm Blessing of the Bikes
2pm - 6pm Freedom Ride

Live Music: Hours 1:30pm throughout the day:

D.J. BK music variety
Susan Thomas
AFC
Grounded
4 For The Road

Monday July 6th, 2009 “Freedom Speaks to America” 4pm-8pm

“Tea Party”- Bring your own tea, we provide the water!
Freedom Speaks
Costumed Characters
Constitution reading
Second Amendment Lectures- NRA
Patriots gather to be seen and heard
NRA Demo Trailers
Food Court
Hour of Freedom of Religion
Prayer
Praise and Worship music

Live Music: Hours 4:30pm throughout the day:

Sweet Adelines
Mary Henry quartet
Susan Thomas
B.K. the DJ

Tuesday July 7th, 2009 “Kids Crafts in America” 4pm-8pm

FCU Clown Troupe
Flower girls- Flower Arranging by Sandra Brugger
Crafts and Painting for kids by Shirley Radloff
Story Time
Puppet show
Kids Karaoke
Free Child Identification Fingerprinting by MI Assoc. of Police
Face Painting
Food Court
East Tawas Fire Dept demonstrations

Music:

B.K. the DJ spins kid tunes
4 bands yet to be scheduled

Wednesday July 8th, 2009 “Veterans of America” 4pm-8pm

NRA – demonstrations, lectures, safety Demo Trailer
4 -H Youth demonstrations ~ Dog Agility, Laura Loeffler
Veterans recognition ~ Loud Salute to recent Veterans of War
Food Court

Music:

BK the D.J. Patriotic music
4 bands yet to be scheduled

Thursday July 9th, 2009 “Native America” 4pm-8pm
"Pow Wow"
Native Crafts – corn Husk doll making
Native foods and Native Dance
Drumming Circle on the beach (weather permitting)– Gary Franklin
Food Court

Live Music: Hours 4:30pm throughout the day:
B.K. the DJ
Drumming
(More to come)

Friday July 10th, 2009 “Young America” 4pm-8pm

Young America Speaks
Poetry Slam
Young Fashion Show
Karaoke
New Hope Beach Volley Ball Tournament
ET Fire Department Demonstration with Crash Test Dummy
Food Court

Live Music: Hours 1:30pm throughout the day:

Gary Check of the Diamonds and Young Americans
Page 2
Please Promise
A Rotterdam November
B.K. the D.J. Rock variety

FIREWORKS (Permit and funds Pending) at dark
by Dennis Kundinger of Wolverine

ramblinfeaver

imported post

I will be there everyday except july 4th, thats my moms birthday and Ive never missed one in my life. Also, I will have my 35ft camper that sleeps 6 comfortably that joe and I will be staying in next to theOC and nratables. So I am offering a free place to stay to the oc members that help man the table that have a long drive homeand would like to stay more that one day. There may be times that Joe will need my help with the portable ranges andother items off and on,so its important that we have voulenteers every day toman the table. Our tables are next to each other so I will always be close to the OC table regardless.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ramblinfeaver wrote:
I will be there everyday except july 4th, thats my moms birthday and Ive never missed one in my life. Also, I will have my 35ft camper that sleeps 6 comfortably that joe and I will be staying in next to theOC and nratables. So I am offering a free place to stay to the oc members that help man the table that have a long drive homeand would like to stay more that one day. There may be times that Joe will need my help with the portable ranges andother items off and on,so its important that we have voulenteers every day toman the table. Our tables are next to each other so I will always be close to the OC table regardless.
Ramblin, then MOC can plan to have the table the entire time from the 3rd to the 10th?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ramblinfeaver wrote:
Yes, MOC will have a table/booth for the entire weekof july 3rd - 10th free of charge. We have been warmly welcomed for the entire event.
I'll go ahead put you down for each day other than July 4th.

T Vance

imported post

If my job wasn't such a pain in the a$$, I would love to do it. My parents have a cottage in Alpena, just 1 1/2 hours north of Tawas. Sadly I can't take off any of that time. :cuss:

JasonJ

imported post

I take it then many of us will be open carrying during the festival downtown and along Newman St?

Just want to make sure im not the only one! I frequently go to E. Tawas downtown during the summer.. my cabin is just 15 mins south of there on the coast!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JasonJ wrote:
I take it then many of us will be open carrying during the festival downtown and along Newman St?

Just want to make sure im not the only one! I frequently go to E. Tawas downtown during the summer.. my cabin is just 15 mins south of there on the coast!

Welcome to OCDO Jason.

Will you be able to help work the MOC Table anytime during the week July 4th through July 10th? See the stickied, Michigan Events Schedule Thread for details.

Also, please add your location by going to My Account and then to Profile.

ramblinfeaver

imported post

JasonJ wrote:

Just want to make sure im not the only one!
The more, the merry'er, Im hopeing that we will have alot of valenteers every day to help with the table and walk around town. Will you be able to help with the table?

Venator

imported post

I will be unable to man a table on Saturday and most of the day Sunday. I will be driving from Beulah Sunday about noon so I could be in Tawas around 2:30 or so. I plan to stay overnight somewhere and spend the day at the table on Monday.

So Springer for now put me down for half of Sunday and all day Monday.

Venator

imported post

Come on people we need some help here. MOC is planning to have some merchandise for sale and a 1000 brochures to hand out. Tawas is a fun summer resort town. If you can bring the family for a day or two they can swim and play while yo help at the table. Win Win.

ramblinfeaver

imported post

We have Friday July 3rd covered. So we need help Saturday July 4th thru Friday July 10th.

I took July 3rd - July 10th off from work to dedicate my time for the OC table so I will be there everyday regardless.

If you can make it PM Springerxdacp so he can update the events page.

ramblinfeaver

imported post

This event is 10 day's away. Check out this website http://tawasbaycenterforthearts.com/freedomfestival.aspx

It has been updated with new events,bands, and kid's activities.

There is also a CRAFT SHOW Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th and a TEA PARTY on Monday.

NRA Joe is the personwho got us the free table at the Freedom Festival in Tawas and he is working on getting some free promotional items from NRA, for MOC Members who help at this event.