Thread: UOC in a Susanville Burger King.

Activist Member

Post imported post

My father and mother (who I live with while going to college) decided yesterday for a spur of the moment trip to Susanville to give our dog a road trip, so I went with them and UOC'ed where legal, including into a burger king. (Dog and mother stayed in car, we waited up by register for food then returned to car.) Nobody said anything nor even gave any funky looks and I stood there for several minutes. It is the same response that would be likely in a Nevada Burger King.

Post imported post

SUSANVILLE? OMIGOD! Susanville is about a rural a town as you can get in the PRC. I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if anybody gave it a second thought in Susanville. BTW be sure you DON'T do that in San Francisco unless your high dollar attorney is at your side!

Activist Member

Post imported post

Ha, true. But Susanville is slightly less rural than the gas station at Hallelujah Junction on 395 right outside of Nevada where I go relatively frequently for hot dogs.

I have gone to slightly less rural towns in Northern California like Redding, Eureka and Aracta about 9 months ago, although I spent very little time in them. (1 night in Arcata, just passed through Redding for gas twice.)

I haven't been to San Francisco or anywhere else in California relatively south since the field trips I took in High School, when of course I wasn't carrying!

Post imported post

Susanville is a very very small town, with one of few NRA gunsmithing schools. Youre probably going to have nothing but nods around those parts.

Post imported post

Yeah, and there is a state prison in Susanville as well. Lots of off duty, CCD personnel carrying in that town.

Post imported post

Loneviking wrote:
    Yeah, and there is a state prison in Susanville as well.* Lots of off duty, CCD personnel carrying in that town.*
    Actually, there are two California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)prisons in Susanville; California Correctional Center (CCC)and High Desert State Prison (HDSP), which are co-located, but independent facilities.

And yes, the economy of Susanville relies heavily on all of the corrections officers and the money they spend. If I had to guess, since most are sworn peace officers, they they are armed when off duty.