• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC in a Susanville Burger King.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

My father and mother (who I live with while going to college) decided yesterday for a spur of the moment trip to Susanville to give our dog a road trip, so I went with them and UOC'ed where legal, including into a burger king. (Dog and mother stayed in car, we waited up by register for food then returned to car.) Nobody said anything nor even gave any funky looks and I stood there for several minutes. It is the same response that would be likely in a Nevada Burger King.

HariCarry

imported post

SUSANVILLE? OMIGOD! Susanville is about a rural a town as you can get in the PRC. I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if anybody gave it a second thought in Susanville. BTW be sure you DON'T do that in San Francisco unless your high dollar attorney is at your side!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Ha, true. But Susanville is slightly less rural than the gas station at Hallelujah Junction on 395 right outside of Nevada where I go relatively frequently for hot dogs.

I have gone to slightly less rural towns in Northern California like Redding, Eureka and Aracta about 9 months ago, although I spent very little time in them. (1 night in Arcata, just passed through Redding for gas twice.)

I haven't been to San Francisco or anywhere else in California relatively south since the field trips I took in High School, when of course I wasn't carrying!

nukechaser

imported post

Loneviking wrote:
Yeah, and there is a state prison in Susanville as well.  Lots of off duty, CCD personnel carrying in that town. 

Actually, there are two California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)prisons in Susanville; California Correctional Center (CCC)and High Desert State Prison (HDSP), which are co-located, but independent facilities.

And yes, the economy of Susanville relies heavily on all of the corrections officers and the money they spend. If I had to guess, since most are sworn peace officers, they they are armed when off duty.