• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone from williamsburg , james city area

rdbro83

imported post

just tryin to get a feel how many people we got from the most western part of the hampton roads 757 area, im out in lanexa hoping to do a oc dining experience a little closer to home if i can get any takers,

if anybody's interested feel free to post , hope to hear from you :)

MSC 45ACP

imported post

ed wrote:
rdbro83 wrote:
im out in lanexa hoping to do a oc dining experience a little closer to home if i can
if you build it they will come™

I was gonna say... ED says just announce it and make it happen... That's what I did... and they kinda came. It was good of everyone to come to Yorktown. I know the folks on the southside have to come a long way. They may want to come up this way if its on a weekend.

P. S. Where the heck is "Lanexa"? I've heard the word but never have seen a sign for an exit off 64. :question:

rdbro83

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
ed wrote:
rdbro83 wrote:
im out in lanexa hoping to do a oc dining experience a little closer to home if i can
if you build it they will come™

I was gonna say... ED says just announce it and make it happen... That's what I did... and they kinda came. It was good of everyone to come to Yorktown. I know the folks on the southside have to come a long way. They may want to come up this way if its on a weekend.

P. S. Where the heck is "Lanexa"? I've heard the word but never have seen a sign for an exit off 64. :question:

easiest way is getting of on the norge exit and taking route 60 west toward richmond and as soon as james city ends lanexa begins right at new kent .

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Let me be the first to welcome you both to OCDO!

Now YOU may plan the NEXT OC dinner! Read previous posts for general ideas.

Does Pierces take reservations? I don't know of any other places up there, but I'm sure they exist! We may not get many from the southside as your area is a LONG drive for them, but you may get some from your area and possibly some from the south side of Richmond!

Just my $.02 worth!

Mike

Fetts Lady

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Let me be the first to welcome you both to OCDO!

Now YOU may plan the NEXT OC dinner! Read previous posts for general ideas.

Does Pierces take reservations? I don't know of any other places up there, but I'm sure they exist! We may not get many from the southside as your area is a LONG drive for them, but you may get some from your area and possibly some from the south side of Richmond!

Just my $.02 worth!

Mike

Sounds like fun, I will run this by my fiance tonight...he will be jealous that I joined a new gun forum before him :D

As far as I know, Pierce's does not take reservations..it is a more informal first come/first serve place...but their food is fabulous!! They have limited seating inside and are generally pretty busy. I know that they have picnic tables outside, but I am not sure how that would go with weather cooperation, etc. Any thoughts?

rdbro83

imported post

yeah pierces doesnt do reservations but the food is stupendous. i was thinking anything around town would be fine whatever everyones in the mood for , anyone ever been to welcome south restuarant. im good friends with the owner and get some privilages for groups.

Fetts Lady

imported post

rdbro83 wrote:
yeah pierces doesnt do reservations but the food is stupendous. i was thinking anything around town would be fine whatever everyones in the mood for , anyone ever been to welcome south restuarant. im good friends with the owner and get some privilages for groups.

I haven't been to Welcome South since I lived over that way...so it has def been a while. I think. Pierces would be a better choice based purely on location as it is about in the middle of JCC and has relatively easy access from 64. I know they don't do reservations, but maybe we could do an afternoon thing and try to catch em between rushes...like 2ish...or if not, as I mentioned before they do have seating inside for 104 and have picnic tables set up outside. IMO The food at Pierces is outstanding and if anyone were to venture out from the Southside or Yorktown or G-town, the trip will def be worth it. Thoughts?