• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NPD threatens to arrest Christians at Harborfest

Repeater

imported post

The Alliance Defense Fund sent a strongly worded letter in February to Mayor Fraim and Bernard Pishko threatening to sue the city if it didn't stop its unconstitutional harassment of visitors at Harborfest.

Last week, the city of Norfolk responded with a letter of its own, essentially backing down but without apologizing.

As the ADF says:

Christians are not required to request permission from the government before exercising their First Amendment rights. We are pleased that Norfolk officials have agreed to respect the constitutional rights of Christians citizens, and that they can now express their faith freely and without fear of harassment or arrest.
The same ought to be true for gun owners as well.

Why does Norfolk persist in acting like a Communist regime?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Harborfest - Norfolk.

That's the annual OC party is it not.

Yata hey

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mobeewan wrote:
http://www.festeventsva.org/mini-site/the-33rd-annual-norfolk-harforfest/general-information-at-norfolk-harborfest

Under rules and regulations

City of Norfolk Codes and Ordinances Sections 25.2-60 through 25.2-99, govern Town Point Park. For the safety of all, the Norfolk Police may screen persons entering the park.
May screen, but may not harass or deny law abiding citizen access to public property. They remember how that Norfolk Judge ruled last time.

Repeater

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
http://www.festeventsva.org/mini-site/the-33rd-annual-norfolk-harforfest/general-information-at-norfolk-harborfest

Under rules and regulations

City of Norfolk Codes and Ordinances Sections 25.2-60 through 25.2-99, govern Town Point Park. For the safety of all, the Norfolk Police may screen persons entering the park.
May screen, but may not harass or deny law abiding citizen access to public property. They remember how that Norfolk Judge ruled last time.
Great link. I found it, too. Two points:

Rules and Regulations
  • No animals, except hearing /dog animals and service/dog animals or animals utilized in law enforcement, are permitted in the park, unless otherwise posted.
  • No glass containers may be brought into the park at any time.
  • No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the aprk at any time.
  • Persons must be at least 21 years of age with a valid photo ID to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages.
  • Skates, skateboards and bicycles are not permitted in the park.
  • City of Norfolk Codes and Ordinances Sections 25.2-60 through 25.2-99, govern Town Point Park. For the safety of all, the Norfolk Police may screen persons entering the park.
  • Norfolk Festevents reserves the right to postpone, cancel and/or evacuate events due to adverse weather conditions.
NOTICE: These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and you are subject to all applicable State or City laws.

1) First, it's kind of hard to take Norfolk seriously if they can't reasonably proof-read their copy. See the misspelling above.

2) I like the added "NOTICE" -- "These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and you are subject to all applicable State or City laws."

That would of course include this state law:
§ 15.2-915. Control of firearms; applicability to authorities and local governmental agencies.

Everyone who attends and OC's should have a copy of the state preemption law and a digital recorder. Just in case.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I haven't read those ordnances (I'm going to find them and read them soon), but if anyone has already, is there any verbage there that has anything to do with OC?

ravonaf

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I haven't read those ordnances (I'm going to find them and read them soon), but if anyone has already, is there any verbage there that has anything to do with OC?
Even if it did it would be illegal due to preemption.