• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boston Market FOIA information has been recieved.

Michigander

imported post

My friend has a pretty well sorted amateur recording studio for his band, so he should be able to transfer the recording without sacrificing much of the sound quality. But fatboycykes, if you want to help me do that on Saturday, it sounds like a good plan. No reason not to use both methods if they are available.

ghostrider

imported post

Michigander wrote:
ghostrider wrote:
I love how he stated, ”It is very unusual and suspicious seeing individuals carrying a firearm in a holster in plain site out in public. “
Sheer hypocrisy isn't it? Doing it every day, and finding it suspicious when others do it.
That isn't what I was referring to. The reason he said that, "It is unusual and suspicious..." is because he has to justify his reason for the stop. That means he must articulate reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. Therefore, he states, "...unusual and suspicious...". It's laughable because the courts have already ruled that there is no firearm exception to Terry, therefore it is no "suspicious" in justifying a stop. He's saying that the reason for the stop is the gun, and saying that it's suspicious, but it doesn't qualify as RS, so he blew it by putting it in the report.

Michigander

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
That isn't what I was referring to. The reason he said that, "It is unusual and suspicious..." is because he has to justify his reason for the stop. That means he must articulate reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. Therefore, he states, "...unusual and suspicious...". It's laughable because the courts have already ruled that there is no firearm exception to Terry, therefore it is no "suspicious" in justifying a stop. He's saying that the reason for the stop is the gun, and saying that it's suspicious, but it doesn't qualify as RS, so he blew it by putting it in the report.
It is also laughable since they refused to give us probable cause when they demanded ID. If the recording is complete, that will definitely be in there.

Michigander

imported post

STILL haven't heard the audio. :(

I'm going to try and use a proper scanner at school wednesday to get all the documents uploaded. What I've got up is still all that's digitized. I don't really want to waste time and effort trying to make more crappy copies, so that's why I'm waiting until wednesday.

I contacted Troy, they said they worked with the OCSD to inform their officers of open carrying after the incident happened. Not much to do or talk about there, since it was out of their jurisdiction, and they weren't really involved.

I've been too lazy to contact the MSP, I really should do that tomorrow.

tygereye

imported post

Thanks for the update, no rush, was just wondering... I have a tape player, as well as a scanner, that will scan documents right to my computer... holler if you wish to go that route... I also have a transfer cable, that will transfereverything to your computer... I have a digital recorder somewhere also, but would have to play it on the cassette player, and hit record while it played...

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Michigander wrote:
STILL haven't heard the audio. :(

I'm going to try and use a proper scanner at school wednesday to get all the documents uploaded. What I've got up is still all that's digitized. I don't really want to waste time and effort trying to make more crappy copies, so that's why I'm waiting until wednesday.

I contacted Troy, they said they worked with the OCSD to inform their officers of open carrying after the incident happened. Not much to do or talk about there, since it was out of their jurisdiction, and they weren't really involved.

I've been too lazy to contact the MSP, I really should do that tomorrow.

As I said before, I have access to U of Michigan's media conversion labs, that can convert everything from LaserDiscs to 8-tracks to 45 LP's to cassettes into digital files.

Same goes for video.

Michigander

imported post

Ziggy, I might just have to take you up on that offer if it's convenient. I might find myself working in Ann Arbor within the next 10 or so days, and I may not. I do have your phone number, so I'll call you and let you know if I'll be in the area.

Tyger, I'll keep your offer in mind too. Obviously I'm closer to your neck of the woods anyway, so it's definitely possible I could use your help too.

T Vance

imported post

I can convert it at my house. I have a tape recorder and the audio equipment/software to record it and turn it into an MP3. Send me a PM if you want me to take care of it.

Michigander

imported post

I STILL haven't. :banghead:

However, my friend is back from the PRK, and we're going to try to upload the audio this weekend. Both he and I have been busy.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

The only thing I don't get is, why would the guy with the goatee say it's against the law for the the LEOs to ask for ID? So far as I know, it's not illegal for them to do that. The only thing is, he's not required to provide ID.

Or was that a mis-statement by the LEOs?

Michigander

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
The only thing I don't get is, why would the guy with the goatee say it's against the law for the the LEOs to ask for ID? So far as I know, it's not illegal for them to do that. The only thing is, he's not required to provide ID.

Or was that a mis-statement by the LEOs?

Hopefully the tape will make it very clear what happened, plus maybe theszerdi himself could tell it as he remembers it.

Michigander

imported post

The friend of mine who was supposed to help me today had an emergency at work and had to cancel. He is booked clear through to next weekend, when I plan to be in Owosso.

This is getting stupid.

I want to meet up with someone from here during the week that can help me, although I probably won't be able to make it too far out, because my check engine light just came on, and my OBD scanner wont connect to tell me what's going on, so I don't trust the thing for long trips, and it'll be a while before I manage to fix the thing. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just head out to ann arbor to take ziggy up on his offer, and also get some AA OCing in as well.

I will be available most any time other than tomorrow or wednesday evening, so anyone who is local, available, equipped and willing to help me, please let me know.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Michigander wrote:
The friend of mine who was supposed to help me today had an emergency at work and had to cancel. He is booked clear through to next weekend, when I plan to be in Owosso.

This is getting stupid.

I want to meet up with someone from here during the week that can help me, although I probably won't be able to make it too far out, because my check engine light just came on, and my OBD scanner wont connect to tell me what's going on, so I don't trust the thing for long trips, and it'll be a while before I manage to fix the thing. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just head out to ann arbor to take ziggy up on his offer, and also get some AA OCing in as well.

I will be available most any time other than tomorrow or wednesday evening, so anyone who is local, available, equipped and willing to help me, please let me know.

Offer still stands, if you get your car going. Most AutoZone's will hook 'er up free and read the code for you, just so you know.

Michigander

imported post

I've tried 3 scan tools. A cheapie, a Snap On, and a Bosch. There is an electrical problem I have to fix before I can even run the scanner. :banghead:

I may be able to test all of the things that could cause it to find the problem, but it would probably be easier just to fix whatever wiring problem is there.

Michigander

imported post

No work today since it was raining, so Tyger and I met up and shemade the copies of the written reports.We also had the chance to listen to the tape, although we were not able to record it. The tape is dissapointing. Very bad sound quality, so it will have to be recorded in ann arbor with zig, or with my friends equipment to be audible. Even more dissapointing is that it contains none of the audio from the inside of Boston Market, and it doesn't have the 911 call, although it does imply that the manager called very early on when she saw theszerdi.

No names were mentioned, and it's not really possible to single out anyones voice with the sound quality. For this reason, I'm eager to post in on the web for all to listen to as soon as possible.

The quality of their response to the FOIA is frusterating to say the least, but as far as I'm concerned it won't matter much, because what happened is documented, they have claimed they are fully educated,and if they do something stupid again, they will have cleared the way for a hell of a law suit.