• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KTAR restaurant gun carry poll

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Apparently Virginia has been OC for several years in bars 'n such w/o anybody goin' nuts. I like the idea myself.

spiritof76

imported post

Here in Nevada you can carry a gun as long as your blood alcohol level is below 0.10%. But most responsible people will not take one drop if they are carrying. Comparatively, the limit for driving a motor vehicle is 0.08%.

crisisweasel

imported post

The thing I hate most about this law isn't so much the idea of being unarmed and unable to defend myself in a restaurant (though that is an issue), it's more being forced to unsafely stow my weapon in my vehicle, which has been broken into once already.

An important angle in arguing against this law is basic gun safety, which everyone is for: a weapon left in a vehicle, unless stored in one of those vehicle safes I've heard about but never seen, is simply unsafe. It's bad enough someone would break into your vehicle to steal your car stereo, but can you imagine the feeling of knowing someone stole your gun? Vehicles are just not the most secure things in the world.

I am comfortable with my gun in two places: my gun safe at home, or on my person. That's it. It seems incredibly unwise to expect people to leave their weapons in their car. I'm sure people who have an overall problem with guns would suggest not carrying one at all, but since people are obviously going to, why would anyone want a gun left unattended in a vehicle?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Crossfire Jedi wrote:
If you are going to a establishment that serves alcohol, do you really want people carrying?
Almost no one drinks at a place like Chipoltle, but they sell beer. Why make it illegal to carry there for someone who isn't drinking?

Arizona is in the minority of states that currently don't allow this. It is a remarkably bad law. Many times in Arizona I found myself disarming before I went into some place, because I didn't know if they served alcohol or not. But I did know I wasn't going to drink, because I never drink. Why should someone else drinking effect whether or not I am able to defend myself?
I second the motion. Do you suggest anyone in an establishment who drove there, should have their cars impounded so they can't drive home? Even if they didn't drink?

It's silly.

I eat in a great many establishments that serve alcohol, yet not a drop has ever touched my lips. In fact, I don't know anyone who drinks, yet they go to such places all the time.

The sky has not yet fallen.

I think violent drunks are a good argument FOR carrying a weapon there...

GWbiker

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Michigander wrote:
Crossfire Jedi wrote:
If you are going to a establishment that serves alcohol, do you really want people carrying?
Almost no one drinks at a place like Chipoltle, but they sell beer. Why make it illegal to carry there for someone who isn't drinking?

Arizona is in the minority of states that currently don't allow this. It is a remarkably bad law. Many times in Arizona I found myself disarming before I went into some place, because I didn't know if they served alcohol or not. But I did know I wasn't going to drink, because I never drink. Why should someone else drinking effect whether or not I am able to defend myself?
I second the motion. Do you suggest anyone in an establishment who drove there, should have their cars impounded so they can't drive home? Even if they didn't drink?

It's silly.

I eat in a great many establishments that serve alcohol, yet not a drop has ever touched my lips. In fact, I don't know anyone who drinks, yet they go to such places all the time.

The sky has not yet fallen.

I think violent drunks are a good argument FOR carrying a weapon there..
I believe we had the opportunity in 2008 to change the law. Both Arizona Senate and House passed the measure, but Super Nanny Nappy vetoed it because, well, because she could. Reminded me of the fat little girl I once knew who wanted everything her way....:banghead:

That's one point that pi$$e$ me off about politics -- politicians who draft legislation or vote for legislation strictly on personal emotion! What about the PEOPLE and their needs?

I can OC into nearly any restaurant in Tucson that doesn't serve booze by the drink, but I cannot legally OC/CC into my neighborhood Pizza joint because they serve beer and wine. And, I don't consume alcohol.

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It is sad to me that we are rapidly approaching a point where the only vote counted is delivered at over 2000fps from several hundred yards.

A famous Democrat once said... "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"

I wonder if those currently in office realize what the empty ammo shelves really mean.... Are they listening yet? There's only one more step left to take!

It's like they're playing Chicken with We the People. That position alone proves that they are not representing us, but opposing us.