Thread: CHP and Driver's License Renewal

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I have to renew mine before my birthday in four months. The problem I see is this new system where you are issued a temporary permit which can't be used for identification. But with a CHP, I need a picture ID. So what do I do now? http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/general/news/dlci.asp

Post imported post

From the DMV web site you gave

"Customers renewing Virginia driver's licenses or ID cards can keep your old license or ID card to carry with the temporary driving permit or receipt, until you receive your new license or ID card in the mail.

Your new driver's license or ID card will be produced within three days and mailed to you. Mail delivery times vary. Please allow up to 15 days to receive your new credential."

If I were you I would make sure to renew 2 or 3 weeks before your current liscense expires and you should be okay. Don't wait until the last minute.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Didn't see that part.