• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd ammendment Tax

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Here is the EMAIL I just send to the Gov. of Florida.

"VETO THE SECOND AMENDMENT TAX created by the confiscation of $6 million from the Division of Licensing Trust Fund. These monies were paid into a fund by individuals to acquire a FLORIDA Concealed weapons permit. These funds were earmarked and designated to be used ONLY in support of this purpose. ANY OTHER USE IS FRAUD! IF A PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL WERE TO COLLECT FUNDS FOR ONE PURPOSE AND USE THOSE SAME FUNDS FOR ANOTHER PURPOSE THEY WOULD BE PROSECUTED BY THE GOVERNMENT FOR FRAUD. WHY NOT THE GOVERNMENT?"

Why is it that Government thinks that they can do what anyone else would be prosecuted for?
This just FROSTS MY GIZZARD!

If they aren't going to use the funds for the purpose that they were collected then RETURN THE MONEY TO THOSE THAT PAID IT. It isn't like they don't know who paid the money... THEY HAVE A LIST OF CONCEALED WEAPON PERMIT HOLDERS, DON'T THEY?

JoeSparky

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Here is the EMAIL I just send to the Gov. of Florida.

"VETO THE SECOND AMENDMENT TAX created by the confiscation of $6 million from the Division of Licensing Trust Fund. These monies were paid into a fund by individuals to acquire a FLORIDA Concealed weapons permit. These funds were earmarked and designated to be used ONLY in support of this purpose. ANY OTHER USE IS FRAUD!

$75 out of my pocket to the State is a tax. I don't care which parasitic agency gets the money. As a fiscal conservative, I like seeing the General Fund get the cash.

If DOACS was running such a surplus, fees should be lowered.

You should really be complaining that you have to pay a fee to exercise a right.

stormchaser

imported post

hopfully i read this wrong, but my question

would be how florida could even consider

a 2nd Amendment tax, when they don't honor

the 2nd Amendment to start with.