• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northern Wisconsin O-C picnic in the planning stages

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

During a very uneventful O-C walk through downtown Minocqua, SHernandez, JHandrick, Myself, and 2 other very notable local citizens discussed the possibility and logistics of a large summertime O-C event in Minocqua Wisconsin at Torpy Park.

The lakeland Times newspaper, it's owner, reporters, editors, and employees have been instrumental in helping report on, and supportour 2A rights, please visit them at www.lakelandtimes.comto show your support.

This areahas no shortage of hotels, motels, cabins, and campgrounds, so I suggest you make a weekend out of it and enjoy the northwoods for a few days as long as your coming up here.

We would also like to be able to benefit the community in some way during the day of this event, so we are also discussing an O-C litter pick-up earlierduringthe day of the picnic.
An added benefit for the clean-upattendees is that Wild Blueberries are found in abundance along our roadways. So remember to bring a suitable container to collect those tasty morsels.

I/We will post more details as they become available. I hope to meet/see many of you there.

Thank you,

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Man... I love the Minoqua/boulder junction area.... Grandparents had a cabin on Mann Lake for 50+ years (just sold it last year) Might be VERY tempting to plan a trip for July? There is a great cabin rental I like on Trout Lake. please post details asap!

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah same here, I plan to be up in boulder junction camping at allequash lake right next to trout lake on the opener in june. I'll see if I have enough money to head up there again in July.

Ben

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Lurchiron wrote:
I just checked out Nutczak's web-site...and nominate him for camp cook:shock:; man that pork looks awesome!!!

Not sure 'bout the no spam rule so I'll leave it to Nutczak to post his web-site...(drum roll please...........................)

BRING on the PORK!!!

Lurch out.

Thanks Lurch, But I would rather keep links to the business site off any public forum, I would not want any of my unique political viewsto clash withthe ideals ofour current or potential clients since a large percentage come from the more liberal area's of the country.