• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry a Rifle on private property?

Mahan0331

imported post

What are the laws reguarding Carrying a firearm on Your property (I.E. front yard, driveway, ect)? Are Rifles prohibited?

I just got a phone call from my war bud in El Paso, and he had some thugs causing trouble in front of his house....and the only firearm he currently has in an M-4. He was asking me whats what (....and here in AZ you can open carry anything on your property).

What are the course of action options for a 3x Combat Vet (This side of greasing the bad guys)?

Any other advise Ican pass on to my boy would be appreciated.

orthzar

imported post

Any other advise I can pass on to my boy would be appreciated.

Make sure he scares the living s**t out those thugs. He lives in Texas not DC.

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Mahan0331 wrote:
What are the laws reguarding Carrying a firearm on Your property (I.E. front yard, driveway, ect)? Are Rifles prohibited?

I just got a phone call from my war bud in El Paso, and he had some thugs causing trouble in front of his house....and the only firearm he currently has in an M-4. He was asking me whats what (....and here in AZ you can open carry anything on your property).

What are the course of action options for a 3x Combat Vet (This side of greasing the bad guys)?

Any other advise Ican pass on to my boy would be appreciated.
Advice is don't do anything stupid. And I don't mean that rudely rather, think through potential courses of action depending on what those thugs are doing. You don't want your buddy to end up on the losing side because of some technicality. I've had quite a few brainstorming sessions with myself in regards to scenarios at my folks place that was often a target.

As for OC, like said above, long arm is legal OC on and off your property. Handgun legal only on your property.

I highly recommend a safe in the house for a fairly bulletproof way to safeguard any firearms. If those thugs do see your buddy walk out there with a good looking firearm, they're likely to try to come back to steal it and whatever other goodies might be in the house.

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Mahan0331 wrote:
How would you recommend he handle a situation like that?

What exactly is the scenario?

The answer depends situation to situation, hinges on every detail and frankly cannot be answered with a cut and dry play by play.

I suppose I can give you the "PC" answer: call the cops and wait :what::uhoh::p