• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

spencer's oc log

spencer280

imported post

Well went over to Monroeville and did some shopping with no problem's.
Then stopped over at the golden coral and got a bite to eat. I did have a guy come over and ask me if I was carrying a kimber, and I had to tell him no it's a 1911 Springfield. He said nice gun and walked away , so after my main meal I went to get some ice cream I heard a man sitting at a booth behind me say to his friend HAY, LOOK AT HIM IS HE LAW ENFORCEMENT I just pretended that I didn't hear him, other then that no problems with any of the management or employee's. So i would have to say they are oc friendly. But I have oced in there counting today 8 times with no problems. So when I got back to my home town of kittanning stopped in at food land and like always no problems and finished the day at walmart, then went home. So chalk up another great day of open carry. What am I saying I oc every where. I have even oc in bars I don't drink and I always tell the bar tender that I have a weapon but I am not drinking and never had a problem, and they always leave keep my weapon on me. But I hardly ever go to a bar unless I'm waiting for my wing's then I'm out of there.

:celebrate

edstephan

imported post

PA Shooter wrote:
Ed, I like wings from The Inn, on Old Rt. 28 near Franklin Village Mall and Nite Courts, on Rt. 66 near Ford City. I haven't been to Pitzers in years but ive heard it's really gone downhill. FWIW, The Inn and Pitzers are no longer "smoking bars". I like to have a smoke with my beer, so anymore I just go to Nite Courts.

I forgot about Nite Courts. Good food and service.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%

Ed Stephan

DT4E31

imported post

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%

Just a question, who are the 3%, am I to assume that is the number of the US pop. that OC's? :?

Pardon my ignorance, I'm from the anti gun state of New York

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

The three percent is a figurative term referring to those willing to openly show our beliefs by open carrying our sidearms. In the Revolutionary War, only three percent of the total population actually put their lives on the line by participating in the fighting. Those of us that open carry are figuratively putting our lives on the line.

At least that's my take on the subject.

Renholder5x

imported post

Sounds to me like someone is open carrying just for the sake of seeing if someone is going to say something. Not sure if that is your intention, but I see a lot of people posting on forums regarding OC and all they write about is where they did and did not have problems.

It is people like this that give OC a bad rap. They do it purely out of novelty.

"HEY LOOK AT ME! LOOK WHAT I'M DOING! THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! HAHAHA SUCK MY ASS!!!!":celebrate

I oc as well, but I don't do it for attention. I do it with intent to prevent a bad situation from happening. If someone sees me coming with intentions of harming me in any way, they will probably think twice once they take notice that I am carrying a gun.

Now, since this is a forum for posting things of that nature, I will just say this: I open carry just about everywhere and have never ONCE had a single problem from any people, managers or employees.

That being said, people reading this should take note that carrying in a bar may be allowed in some establishments, but remember two things...

1) A bar is private property and a lot of bar owners (majority of them, for that matter) do not need, nor appreciate, the introducion of a freaking gun when there is alcohol involved. THINK PEOPLE!! You may find yourself thrown the eff out and the cops called on you.

2) Open carrying in a bar is just stupid. All it takes is one drunken asshole who wants to make a scene to snatch your gun right out of your holster when you're not paying attention and you've not only opened a can of worms, but now you've armed them. And they're drunk.

I think not enough people OC responsibly, or for the right reason for that matter, and as I said before, only do it because they feel like an ouitlaw or just want to be noticed.

If you are going to carry in a bar, conceal it!!! This is for your own safety and everyone elses. This is Pennsylvania, hoss, not Harlem. :banghead: