• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF raids Victorville, CA gun store

Tekman

imported post

Another Calvary Arms?

http://www.sbsun.com/news/ci_12380186

Federal agents on Friday raided a Victorville gun store, seizing 196 firearms and the owner's business records.

Steven Mitchell, owner of Lock Stock & Barrel on Bear Valley Boulevard, could not be reached for comment. He was not arrested.

Agents from the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives served a search warrant at the gun store and Mitchell's Apple Valley home, said ATF spokesman Mike Hoffman. He said a dozen more firearms and ammunition were taken from the house in the 9500 block of Bellview Avenue.

The search warrant was sealed, barring Hoffman from revealing what prompted the raid.
Sealed to who?

KansasMustang

imported post

As we used to say in the Army,,,BOHICA, meaning "Bend over here it comes again. I'm sure this is not the last of this kind of thing,,and it needs to CEASE NOW!!! Wonder what all this crap is about??
Keep your powder dry!

Tekman

imported post

http://sev.prnewswire.com/publishing-information-services/20090519/DC1984719052009-1.html

GLENDALE, Calif., May 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Special Agent in Charge John A. Torres of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Los Angeles Field Division, today announced a contact phone number for citizens to call who had firearms at Lock Stock and Barrel gun store in Victorville, Calif.
On May 15, 2009, subsequent to federal court seizure warrants, ATF took possession of all of the firearms located at Lock Stock and Barrel, 15048 Bear Valley Rd., Suite B, Victorville, Calif.
In order to file a claim for the return of a firearm, owners should call 1-818-265-2570 and provide their name, address and telephone number. A claim form will be mailed to them from ATF Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The claim form must be returned to ATF within 35 days from the date of the mailing.
"It is our goal to return those firearms belonging to innocent owners as quickly and efficiently as possible," Torres said. "By calling the number provided, the gun owners can speak to an ATF employee who can provide them immediate attention."
Individuals who have paid a deposit on a firearm currently subject to the 10-day waiting period need to contact Lock Stock and Barrel directly for a refund of their deposit.
*** ATF contact phone number is: 1-818-265-2570 ***
More information about ATF and its programs is available at www.atf.gov
Office: (818) 265-2507
Cell: (213) 925-4547
michael.hoffman@atf.gov

churchmouse

imported post

In order to file a claim for the return of a firearm, owners should call 1-818-265-2570 and provide their name, address and telephone number. A claim form will be mailed to them from ATF Headquarters in Washington, D.C. The claim form must be returned to ATF within 35 days from the date of the mailing.
"It is our goal to return those firearms belonging to innocent owners as quickly and efficiently as possible," Torres said. "By calling the number provided, the gun owners can speak to an ATF employee who can provide them immediate attention."
Individuals who have paid a deposit on a firearm currently subject to the 10-day waiting period need to contact Lock Stock and Barrel directly for a refund of their deposit.
hmm sounds like to me they are asking " here's the noose, stick your neck into it"

sounds like infomation gathering to me,

"It is our goal to return those firearms belonging to innocent owners as quickly and efficiently as possible,"

well if the owner wasn't arrested, why the sealed warrant? looks like a 4th ammendment issue brewing, his attorney will have to go thru a "right of discovery"

as to figure out as to what "prompted" this siezure maybe they were after a customer , i thought only the IRS could act this way

enjoy churchmouse

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is SOP for the BATFE, they don't even know what The constitution is, and no Court or Politician has ever taken them to task for it. It would seem as if they are being encouraged to act this way.........

It's not paranoia when the evidence supports it.

Deanimator

imported post

ixtow wrote:
This is SOP for the BATFE, they don't even know what The constitution is, and no Court or Politician has ever taken them to task for it. It would seem as if they are being encouraged to act this way.........

They HAVE been slapped, HARD, a number of times, the Katona case being one. They were forced to return the man's automatic weapons, and inventory them in his driveway, as I recall. Reports were that they were none too happy about it either. I don't recall what sort of compensation he received.

Then there was their $4.6 million settlement with their own Black agents for discrimination, harassment, intimidation, etc.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ixtow wrote:

Is it even remotely possible that LS&B may have violated some federal gun law(s)?
39.gif

darthmord

imported post

HankT wrote:
ixtow wrote:

Is it even remotely possible that LS&B may have violated some federal gun law(s)?
39.gif
It's possible. It's possible they had a firearm on hand from a customer that was in violation of some federal gun law. There's a number of reasons why this may have turned out the way it did. Some of them legit. Some of them not so much.

Thundar

imported post

HankT wrote:
ixtow wrote:

39.gif

Hank,

Are you really asking us to give the benefit of the doubt to the BATFE??? :banghead:

Come on Hank, these are the people that said a shoestring was a machine gun.

Live free or die,

Thundar

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
ixtow wrote:

39.gif
There is no legitimacy to a sealed warrant. Period. Also, what Federal Gun Law complies with "shall not be infringed???" But let's not drag this thread down that oft-traveled road. To me, the very existence of the agency is treason.

Your point is taken, but!

Their reputation precedes them. In that light, I no longer feel any compunction to consider legitimacy.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ixtow wrote:
HankT wrote:
ixtow wrote:

39.gif
There is no legitimacy to a sealed warrant. Period. Also, what Federal Gun Law complies with "shall not be infringed???" But let's not drag this thread down that oft-traveled road. To me, the very existence of the agency is treason.

Your point is taken, but!

Their reputation precedes them. In that light, I no longer feel any compunction to consider legitimacy.

Ahhh, pure, pristine, unadulterated....prejudice.

Got it.

Carry on.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You have a remarkable skill for calling a Spade a Turd...

They have a reputation, and they earned it. That does not make me 'prejudiced.' it means I have an IQ above room temperature. Biased, certainly; by the reality of their frequent and severe criminal behavior.

I think I'm going to mail out lightning-bolt arm bands to all the branch offices...