• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to forum, quick question

MikeN

imported post

Hello all.
My name is Michael im 23 and im new to the bored I have been reading for awhile now though, I have a quick question i know this is a oc forum but i just applyd for my ccdw and waiting for my license to come in, anyways my question is since this is a gold star state say if im cc and i make a print would i have much to worry about as along the lines of the law i know sum states you can get in trouble if your cc'ing and print. Reason im woundering is because i mostly wear polo shirts that are kinda tight and may print i carry a taurus pt 24/7 pro .45 in a paddle holster. I also take my age into consideration because i look younger than what I am are so im told and live in Louisville and i heard the police in Lou and be harsh about things such as oc andor/ printing.

Thanks
Michael

Statesman

imported post

You DO NOT have to worry about getting your CCDW revoked in KY for printing your weapon. It is not an issue. Be proud to be a Kentuckian!

You should consider getting a Super Tuck from http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/. It provides for deep concealment, and it is the only IWB holster to my knowledge that is tuckable, meaning you can tuck your shirt in over the holster, completely concealing your rig. I've used it with polo shirts with much success, although you do have to make sure you have some of the shirt pulled out, to provide for loose clothing, which is a requirement for the Super Tuck.

It's also VERY comfortable, and available at a good price!

Click on the CrossBreed Holsters ad at the top of these forums.

Statesman

imported post

Also, you should not rely on anyone's advice here. You should always check the laws in the state in which you live. Here is the KRS section for CCDW:

KRS:
237.110 License to carry concealed deadly weapon -- Criteria -- Training --
Application -- Issuance and denial of licenses -- Automated listing of license
holders -- Suspension or revocation -- Renewal -- Prohibitions -- Reciprocity --
Reports -- Requirements for training classes.

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/237-00/110.PDF

MikeN

imported post

thats good to know, how comfortable are iwb holsters like when your sitting down is the butt jamming in your side are anything? See im not the smallest guy so i was kinda skeptical of a iwb

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

I am a pretty large guy myself and i have no problem wearing mine. it took a day or two to get teh leather back wore in real good, but now i can wear it even in my standard waiste size pant, where as some IWB yo have to purposely buy 2" larger waisteband pants.

MikeN

imported post

Walkeraviator wrote:
I am a pretty large guy myself and i have no problem wearing mine. it took a day or two to get teh leather back wore in real good, but now i can wear it even in my standard waiste size pant, where as some IWB yo have to purposely buy 2" larger waisteband pants.
yea im definitely gonna have to try one out is there a place in louisville you get yours are do you just shop online for them? I know knobcreek has a pretty good selection of holsters but it gets kinda pricey out there.