• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

:D my ffl 03 License came in mail today :D

utahglock

imported post

Im now a certified firearms curio and relics collector :D woooooohoooo :D now to start stock pilining mosins... .

I might just be tempted to buy a nagant rev, and OC in the military holster it comes with :D

RedKnightt

imported post

Congrats! How long did it take to get? I'm hearing on a couple of C&R-related boards that there have been delays lately.

I'm going to get one myself, I think, just for the discounts offered by a few companies to FFL holders. I probably won't get a Nagant, but I would love to have a nice C-96 Mauser (Broomhandle) in the leather holster to OC with :dude:.

FogRider

imported post

That's been something I've been looking into, for pretty much the same reason as RedKnightt. If you don't mind my asking, what was your outlay when it's all said and done? I assume you had to start your own company (LLC or similar). Was there much of a hassle with that?

utahglock

imported post

no for your C&R since your a collector, you as an individual dont need to start and LLC, your not athourized to DEAL arms as a collector. It took about 38 days to get my license once i was charged for it. However it took about 2 months to get the green papers.(application).

The C&R is nice like mentioned some places will give you dealer discounts. for having your FFL 03.

now if you want an FFL 01 (dealer) you have to have a business,insurance,etc... no worth the hassel imo. If your just interested in Old guns, or russian guns and etc.. that are on the C&R list (SKS are on this list) for those interested.

FogRider

imported post

utahglock wrote:
now if you want an FFL 01 (dealer) you have to have a business,insurance,etc... no worth the hassel imo. If your just interested in Old guns, or russian guns and etc.. that are on the C&R list (SKS are on this list) for those interested.
Ok, that's actually the one I was thinking of. I want to be able to get things a bit cheaper, and to be able to have firearms shipped directly to me.

utahglock

imported post

you can have firearms shipped to you with your 03, they just have to be on the C&R list.