Thread: My email alert from the Brady Campaign.

Post imported post

"Dear ****,
    Please act quickly to keep our parks safe.

In the dead of night, the gun lobby snuck an amendment onto a bill in the U.S. Senate that allows people to carry loaded guns, including AK-47s, in national parks. We can't waste a minute to fight this amendment.

We already won this battle in court. The Obama Administration agreed not to appeal a federal judge's order barring guns in parks.

But that made the gun lobby mad. Now they are taking a sneaky legislative route to press their "guns for anyone, anywhere" agenda β€” even when it puts the safety of visitors to recreation areas at risk.

The amendment goes even further than the rule we stopped in court. It allows for both concealed and openly carried firearms, including AK-47s, in parks and wildlife refuges.

It's a foolish and dangerous amendment. I urgently need your help to stop it. Please give whatever you can right now.

The recent mass shootings β€” more than 50 people shot and killed in March and April β€” should be lesson enough for the Congress that we need stronger laws to keep our communities safe, not more guns in more places.

We have to defeat this amendment. I hope you will help today.

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair"
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

"We already won this battle in court."

No, you found an activist judge and abused and exploited the judicial system.

I really hate to quote the Brady's, but we all need to be reminded of the the sinister deception of the anti-gunners.

"These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

They sure do have hard-ons for AK's don't they? Why is it with anti's we are all going to shoulder AK's and walk the streets if we get our way?

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:

And I was understanding that it was not finalized yet either.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Tekman wrote:
    T Dubya wrote:

And I was understanding that it was not finalized yet either.
    Yeah, it's only a temparary injuction until an environmental study can be done.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
    They sure do have hard-ons for AK's don't they? Why is it with anti's we are all going to shoulder AK's and walk the streets if we get our way?
    I don't recall the bill saying anything at all about AK's or any other type of long gun.

More lies!!!! :X

Post imported post

Weasels!

They're still angry that Obama didn't announce national gun seizures the day of the inauguration and they will stop at nothing less.

Post imported post

But that made the gun lobby mad. Now they are taking asneaky legislative routeto press their "guns for anyone, anywhere" agenda β€” even when it puts the safety of visitors to recreation areas at risk.
    That part had me chuckling, antis calling someone else "sneaky".

I don't recall the bill saying anything at all about AK's or any other type of long gun.
    It didnt mention any type of firearm. The AK47 is the BB's boogyman. They always mention them to stir up PSH.

This is just more bleating from sheared sheeple. The Bradys have no clout of any kind so let 'em bleat.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
    Maybe they've got a deal with Century Arms or something. All their whining sure makes me want to buy an AK. If this legislation passes, come and see me at Rocky Mountain National Park. I'll be there most weekends and you'll be able to recognize me because I'll be the one carrying an SKS on the ranger led nature hike.

Post imported post

Hmm, very dramatic "in the dead of night"

How exactly would one do this "In the dead of night"?

I was pretty sure that they voted on the ammendment.

I think they should abandon the anti stuff and start a creative writing school.

Post imported post

Lies and whining is not creative writing.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    Hmm, very dramatic "in the dead of night"

How exactly would one do this "In the dead of night"?

I was pretty sure that they voted on the ammendment.

They broke in, voted and snuck out stopping only to spray paint some grafitti and TP the trees out front

Post imported post

lol, "including AK-47s!!!"

I would genuinely like to know exactly what is so magically special about the AK-47 to the Brady Bunch. It has a status with them, as though it's the epitome of destructive power or something absurd. I'll point out that the only other groups who are well known for demonstrating such exaggerated obsession with AK-47s are gangstas and 3rd world countries. Maybe they should all hang out.

I mean, let's be real, what exactly is one going to use an AK-47 for in National Parks? Guerilla warfare? Target practice?

And what is a realistic threat model for gun crimes in National Parks? My guess is, primarily poaching. Which means the guns the Brady Bunch does claim to be OK with (bolt-action "sporting rifles") are likely to be the biggest offenders. WTF does an AK-47 have to do with any of that?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    And what is a realistic threat model for gun crimes in National Parks? My guess is, primarily poaching. Which means the guns the Brady Bunch does claim to be OK with (bolt-action "sporting rifles") are likely to be the biggest offenders. WTF does an AK-47 have to do with any of that?
    I would think that more wildlife is taken by poachers with archery equipment than with firearms. One would be less likely to be caught due to the silence of bow and arrow. A few years ago there was a pro big game hunter/guide that sold video of his archery hunting adventures. Those same videos got him busted when park rangers recognized the terrain where he was taking elk, inside a NP.

Post imported post

I signed up for the Brady e-mail alerts, but my e-mail address has a combination of my name and my favorite brand of firearm. They came twice, then mysteriously quit coming.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    I would think that more wildlife is taken by poachers with archery equipment than with firearms. One would be less likely to be caught due to the silence of bow and arrow. A few years ago there was a pro big game hunter/guide that sold video of his archery hunting adventures. Those same videos got him busted when park rangers recognized the terrain where he was taking elk, inside a NP.
    Good point.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote
    I mean, let's be real, what exactly is one going to use an AK-47 for in National Parks? Guerilla warfare? Target practice?
    Every time I go to the Uwharrie National Forrest I have a few AK's with me. Nice range there, too.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    marshaul wrote
    Every time I go to the Uwharrie National Forrest I have a few AK's with me.Β* Nice range there, too.
    Right. And is target practice illegal, or otherwise a problem?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I sent a reply.

"Yeah. Ain't it great!"

Haven't come off their e-mail list yet, but I expect to.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Hmm just wondering if the Brady Bunch would see my HK91 and call it an AK47 too? Guess I'll have to carry it in a National Park and see if they get all upset?
    Keep your powder dry !
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

It didnt mention any type of firearm. The AK47 is the BB's boogyman. They always mention them to stir up PSH.
    They most certainly do. I wonder what will happen when they finally discover AK74s and their so-called "poison bullets?"

Of course we all know that guns are guns. But they really thought that "exceedingly dangerous guns" approach would gain them some ground.

It did in 1994 ... but I don't think it will in 2009.

Post imported post

I'd like to see an AK-47 at a natl. park. You know how rare and expensive those are? Production really never was large scale 'til 56, and the AKM came around 59. So, we have at most a decade of AK-47 production. Most of them full auto. So pretty much all of the AK-47s in the US are NFA and collectible.

I like how Natl. Forests are never mentioned in the Natl. Park debate. You can carry however you like in a forest, and it's not mad max land....

Post imported post

Just saw a couple AOL polls and the "thumbs up" response to State-lawful carry in National Parks was 72%, with a 62% gun-owner base.

Politicians know damn well which side the butter is on.....

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm looking to invest in linen service company that's publicly traded, preferably a DC company. I suspect that business is going to go through the roof, due to iincreased bed wetting.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    I'm looking to invest in linen service company that's publicly traded, preferably a DC company. I suspect that business is going to go through the roof, due to iincreased bed wetting.
    You may want to invest in any pharmacutical companies that produce alprazolam, and antidepressants. I suspect that the Bradybunch will be economically stimulating some shrinks and family Dr's with their new set of mental problems. I do hope the Bradybunch also looks into drugs that help curb OCD, and I wish them wellness as a result of them finally seeking the professional mental health help they have so desperately needed for so many years.