• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried for the first time last night

David in MI

imported post

I picked up my CPL a little over a week ago and like the rebel I am, picked Home Depot for my first trip (instead of Wal-Mart). I took daughter number two (age 4) with me in case things got rough lol. Nothing visible so of course nothing to report.

I have been tied up with jury duty since getting my cpl and unable to carry during the day but I havebeen carrying anytime we go out at night. Last night the family and I were running some errands and stopped at Tom's Coney Island for dinner. I had been wearing my G23 in an IWB underneath a zip-up sweatshirt but removed it for dinner. No big deal as there was only the waitress in the restaurant and we were there at closing time.

I'm not sure that I will open carry very often but I am much more at ease with the sheeple seeing either a pistol or the printing of a pistol than I expected to be.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

David in MI wrote:
I picked up my CPL a little over a week ago and like the rebel I am, picked Home Depot for my first trip (instead of Wal-Mart). I took daughter number two (age 4) with me in case things got rough lol. Nothing visible so of course nothing to report.

I have been tied up with jury duty since getting my cpl and unable to carry during the day but I havebeen carrying anytime we go out at night. Last night the family and I were running some errands and stopped at Tom's Coney Island for dinner. I had been wearing my G23 in an IWB underneath a zip-up sweatshirt but removed it for dinner. No big deal as there was only the waitress in the restaurant and we were there at closing time.

I'm not sure that I will open carry very often but I am much more at ease with the sheeple seeing either a pistol or the printing of a pistol than I expected to be.
Welcome and great job. Tom's is OC friendly and they have good food. What did you have to eat?

Michigander

imported post

Good for you! It will only get easier.

But, umm, as far as I know, usually if you're a juror you're not supposed to use the web while the trial is going, because you're not supposed to be able to look up the rap sheet of the person on trial. It's much too easy and tempting with Michigan's OTIS system. :uhoh:

David in MI

imported post

Venator wrote:
David in MI wrote:

Welcome and great job. Tom's is OC friendly and they have good food. What did you have to eat?
Plain burger w/well done hash browns....dinner of champions!

David in MI

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Good for you! It will only get easier.

But, umm, as far as I know, usually if you're a juror you're not supposed to use the web while the trial is going, because you're not supposed to be able to look up the rap sheet of the person on trial. It's much too easy and tempting with Michigan's OTIS system. :uhoh:

I'm sure that each judge has his own set of rules but ours has instructed us (every single time we leave his presence) that we are not to think about, discuss, read about, etc etc etc this particular case. Not only are we allowed to use the internet, he has given a number of us permission to use it during breaks at the courthouse.