• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF raids Wallingford mobile home

CommonMan101

imported post

"...and took his permits,"

Maybe this raid was a product of gun laws requiring permits? You know, idle hands sifting through it's playground of information looking forand contemplating possibilities?

less permits =less raids ? Or am I missing something?

thx997303

imported post

Welcome to OCDO.

Of course less permits would equal less problems with this particular agency.

Problem is this agency doesn't really care what's legal and what's not.

CommonMan101

imported post

Thank you. Been reading awhile and was quite inspired by Parabellum's saga. The Wis PI was a hoot!

My only point is less info in their hands to act on would be a good thingexactly because they don't care about the legal aspect until forced by court - if that even happens.A nip in the bud at the source. So many people don't realize they willingly hand over the means for everyone's demise by not seeing this danger in registration, permitting,etc. and voting for it to happen.

When I bought my latest pistol and showed it to my 30 yr old marine son heasked if it was "all legally registered". It took a bit for me to explain things. He was surprised at what I told him. It gave me an insight into how uneducated the general public is - being in the military seems to get people used to gun control. At least hesaid he got itand saw what I meant. Then he went and bought a P-07 Duty to join me at the range. :D

thx997303

imported post

Agreed, less they know the better.

I dont really believe being in the military gets you used to gun control, not if you already were all for gun rights before you joined anyway.

Well, my experience is limited to the army, so i cant speak for the Marine Corps. They'd probably hunt me down if i tried. :)

Course, ive only got close to a year under my belt, so maybe it is true, but people who know me will hear my version of the truth anyway.

CommonMan101

imported post

Well,I don't know for sure either but if you only get to wear a gun when they say you can then after a whileit kinda seems/ingrains that's the way it should be: "I must have someone else's permission."" I can't be trusted with a gun without supervision, etc. etc." How many strap one on on base? Only the authorized on-duty guys? Seems like a very gun-controlled oriented structure.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's the gist I got after talking to him on this subject.A lot of assumptions that some gun regulatons we are fightingare already the law.I don't have to be right about that :D it's just my current take on it.My #2 son is also a Marine and is unaware of these things. I'll bring them along as I can. It hasn't really been a subject `til lately. #1 is on board with open carry.

anyways back to the subject of the thread - I will always try to explain the danger of permits, registration and other such intrusions to my family and friends when the subject arises. Fortunately for me the ones that matter think more like me than not so it's easy to get their support. I only had to askonce forthem to sign the open carry petition for Texas with the merest of talk about it.

Sorry, I'm familiar with Semper Fi for Marinesbut not the Army's but if I knew the Army's version I'd sign off with that for ya :D . Thanks for serving and protecting. I much appreciate it!

Tomahawk

imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
- being in the military seems to get people used to gun control.

Amen!

I'm a former Marine myself, and while I love the Corps I will be the forst one to tell you that being in the military leads people to believe in being controlled, told what to do, and asking permission for all sorts of things, especially gun-related things.

That is the main source of the fallacy that leads people to wonder why those who supposedly fight for our freedom may be used to take our freedom away: because if you have spent most of your adult life in the military you really don't have any clue what real freedom is. You are either in charge of someone, or someone is in charge of you, and the government owns your entire life, to the point where they can order to you give it up.

I didn't understand the concept of individual liberty until I got out and realized what I was missing. My theory is that veterans who get out tend to believe in freedom a bit more than those who haven't got out yet.

Catherine

imported post

What state did this happen in? CONN., VERMONT or WASHINGTON state? I might have missed this because there are 3 cities with this same name.

I wish that the article would list the state. Poster - what state please since I missed it? Thank you.

I did some more searching - so this happened in CONN?

By the way, this ATF RAID is wrong in my not so humble opinion. The ATF is another alphabet agency that needs to go BYE BYE!

Catherine

CommonMan101

imported post

Catherine wrote:
What state did this happen in? CONN., VERMONT or WASHINGTON state? I might have missed this because there are 3 cities with this same name.

Catherine

It looks like Conn. by the webpage's info

Ifound the comments there quite interesting.

Catherine

imported post

Thanks and that is what I figured out too by doing some more searching.

Catherine

Nytedrgn

imported post

this constructive possession crap pisses me off...my fiance is a "prohibited person" because 7 years ago she didn't call the cops on her now ex-bf...later the cops coerced her into a statement by telling her she wouldn't be charged, then the next day charged her.....so now I have to get a $3,000 biometric safe and make sure she isn't in the apartment or car when I'm say taking the rifle to the range...so I'll be teaching our daughter to shoot by myself...great....I wanna beat the snot out of her ex so bad and those damned dirty cops...

Your either in possession or not...there is NOTHING constructive about it.

Just because you know where something is doesn't mean you can use it.

I know where my parents car keys are...does that mean I am in possession of their car? Nope...I take their car and I'm in possession....but just knowing where the keys are does not make me in possession.

old dog

imported post

Remember this case from England?

Police seized an heirloom shotgun from a lawyer. The gun was properly papered and stored in a locked location but was taken anyway because the owner's mother -- not licensed -- knew where the key was kept.

The hook here is the man was in his 60s so that almost certainly puts his mother at least 20 years older. Lucky the police intervened before she went on a crime spree.

paramedic70002

imported post

Nytedrgn wrote:
this constructive possession crap pisses me off...my fiance is a "prohibited person" because 7 years ago she didn't call the cops on her now ex-bf...later the cops coerced her into a statement by telling her she wouldn't be charged, then the next day charged her.....so now I have to get a $3,000 biometric safe and make sure she isn't in the apartment or car when I'm say taking the rifle to the range...so I'll be teaching our daughter to shoot by myself...great....I wanna beat the snot out of her ex so bad and those damned dirty cops...

Your either in possession or not...there is NOTHING constructive about it.

Just because you know where something is doesn't mean you can use it.

I know where my parents car keys are...does that mean I am in possession of their car? Nope...I take their car and I'm in possession....but just knowing where the keys are does not make me in possession.
You might want to try applying for restoration of rights. Depending on the law she was convicted or, life since, details of the case, she might have a chance. I think Circuit Court is the place to start, probably need an attorney.

Augustin

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
MI-copperhead wrote:
The out of control BATFE needs to be comlpetely shut down,...:cuss:
Agreed.... along with every other Federal Bureaucracy including the FBI, FDA, FCC, FDIC, Dept of Education, Dept of Agriculture, Dept of Housing and Urban Development, National Science Foundation, National Renewable Energy Labs, Department of Energy, Department of Labor et al. Every single one including the BATFE are unconstitutional making every single action taken by their employees treason.
You forgot the worst of all evils - the IRS
Well, he did say "et al" which I took to include the IRS, andthe real worst of the worst, theDepartment of Homeland Security. It will be DHS running the biometric "domestic terrorist" roadblocks looking for Christians with guns.

Under current "law,"your home can be secretly searched, and allyour communications secretly monitored, without warrants;you can be dragged out and held permanently without being charged, strip searched and beaten, all without anybody being toldabout the preventitive detention or your whereabouts, without access to an attorney and without ever being given a court hearing, thenyou can be shipped out of the country, tortured, tried by a military tribunal and summarily executed. Seriously. You just have to be named an "enemy combatant," by some faceless bureaucrat. Change you can believe in, indeed.

AUGustin

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I can think of dozens of better ways this could have been handled.

And, of course, I ask the question I always ask when the JBT Ninjas show up...

Why are they still alive?

Nothing else works.

ATFOTRAF.