• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you carrying an Airsoft gun?

FunkTrooper

imported post

A few weeks ago while OCing outside of my apartment in Pullman a guy saw me carrying my stainless 1911 in a serpa and asked me if it was an airsoft gun a few weeks later I'm visiting my folks in Alaska and while at a store with my friend a woman asked me if I was carrying an airsoft gun. In both cases the people were black so I wonder if they thought that because I am a young white male or maybe it was just because my gun is stainless. Do any of you get asked this?

david.ross

imported post

o.o...

Airsoft? Never... tree hugging hippie peaceniks usually complain about me because they don't want any military looking guy at the store they visit since it gives the impression to their kids military/or having a gun is a good thing... :X Arsehats

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
o.o...

Airsoft? Never... tree hugging hippie peaceniks usually complain about me because they don't want any military looking guy at the store they visit since it gives the impression to their kids military/or having a gun is a good thing... :X Arsehats

It's fine if they don't want people who possess guns to be around their kids.

There are other places of business and they are free to leave at any time.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
o.o...

Try dressing like a normal person maybe?

OP, the majority of the general public has never even seen a real gun in person, so they'll immediately assume you're carrying something that they do recognize. Real guns don't exist... unless a cop has it.

david.ross

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Try dressing like a normal person maybe?
Already tried citizen "normal" clothes, they say something like "That guy has a gun, he looks mean and looks like he is going to shoot everyone"

paramedic70002

imported post

As a uniformed security officer, I was approached by some tween-aged kids and asked if I had a 'real' gun. I said I did.

"Well my Dad said security guards can't carry real guns."

(Your Dad is an idiot!) "Here, I'll show you the ammo."

I pull out a magazine filled with blue tipped Glasers.

"See, they are plastic bullets. It's not a real gun."

Some days you just can't win.............

FunkTrooper

imported post

Yeah I opt to show them my spare magazine with Remington Golden Sabers if they seem curious about gun rights as a whole. The lady I mentioned above after she realized it was real said I should cover it up, I told her I don't have to and that it was perfectly legal. She went on to say that she supports carry but just thinks I'll get harassed by the cops for open carry. All in all I thought it was a pretty good encounter.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
Yeah I opt to show them my spare magazine with Remington Golden Sabers if they seem curious about gun rights as a whole.

Have you ever gotten the, "ZOMG I THOUGHT HOLLOWPOINTS ARE ILLEGALL!!!!1!1!!!" reaction?

david.ross

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Have you ever gotten the, "ZOMG I THOUGHT HOLLOWPOINTS ARE ILLEGALL!!!!1!1!!!" reaction?
A better response is the response, "Those are cop killers!" (Thank you clueless CSI show)

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
A better response is the response, "Those are cop killers!" (Thank you clueless CSI show)

That's why I've switched to these...

expensive-bullet-amethyst.jpg

FunkTrooper

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:
Yeah I opt to show them my spare magazine with Remington Golden Sabers if they seem curious about gun rights as a whole.

Nope to them it's just proof that it is real (I don't think they know what a hollow point is).

headhunter09

imported post

It is very funny when people ask me if it is real or not but i can see there reason for asking because i carry a taurus pt1911 black with grey frame and i put on some punisher grips so i guess it could look like a airsoft but i usually just chuckle and tell them it is real.