• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seems quiet here.

pejames42

imported post

I am new here and just want to say Hi to all the folks out there! I live in Worden and I am a strong proponent of CCW. I am waiting on my CCW from Utah now and have just learned the extent of the outrageous laws of this place I choose to call "The Peoples Republic of Obama Nation." Being a veteran and finding out that after living here for 10 years, Ineed a FOID card to buy even ammo for my guns??? This is crazy.. when do the people of this state wake up and vote for politicians who will defend their rights and quit worrying about the handouts they might not get!! Due to previous work engagements, I did not have the opportunity to enjoy my passion for guns for a long time. That is now not the case. There doesnt seem to be much activity here and I am wondering it there are still folks out there with the same fire I have to Defend our Second Amendment Right!!

I look forward to hearing from everyone!!

Patrick

junglebob

imported post

There are indeed a lot of folks in Illinois interested in their second amendment rights. This March there were over 5000 people, many from the IllinoisCarry Forum at www.IllinoisCarry.com/forum in the state capital for Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day(IGOLD), members of Illinois State Rifle Association, NRA members and others were there. The number of members at IllinoisCarry is almost 1500, but since they got involved with IGOLD attendance at lobby day has gone from a few hundred to 1500, then 2500, to over 5000. The big reason for lobbying was for the passage of LTC legislation and for good firearms legislation and against bad legislation.

pejames42

imported post

I was there and yes it was impressive. I look forward to the next gathering so the politicians of this state can see the support for our rights as they were laid out for us. I would also like to say I was there with a friend from MO who is also concerned about our rights!! It's not just folks from IL who are concerned for our rights and it's a good feeling to know many people around the whole country understand and sympathize with those who dont have the freedom to carry our guns where we live.

pejames42

imported post

Interesting you bring that up.. My wife is Active duty Army and not here right now.. (She's at NTC getting ready to go back to the sandbox) but I have 3 kids.. 1 with FOID and I am waiting on FOID for my other 2. My daugter is 13 and is quite the gun enthusiast.. more so than her older brothers.. but they all understand how important exercising their 2nd Amendment rights are. As soon as the War Dept comes back home, I'll send off for her card as well!

old dog

imported post

I suppose I'm belaboring the obvious, but as an outsider, it appears to me that Illinois has no hope unless it can somehow neutralize Cook County.

pejames42

imported post

Kinda like a problem snake.. ya gotta cutoffit's head!!

Your quite right Sir... It seems that the rest of the state doesn't exist... which is quite sad.. but I have also heard this called the Great State of Cook County! Judging from Blogo and his predecessors, the people up there don't seem to understand that every time one of thosegreatpoliticians is put in place to give more handouts, the rest of us suffer dearly!

And they tell me I have to sacrifice and pay my share, it's the American way... LOL

:banghead:

old dog

imported post

I've made this point in other places but, I think, not here.

I feel it is inherently unfair that states like New York, Illinois and California are dominated by one or two megalopolises that are wholly at odds with the mass of the people. This effectively disenfranchises entire state populations.

Americans are intelligent people and surely they can come up with an alternate political configuration that would better serve everyone.

Leaders of the civil rights movement, for instance, have long argued for some sort of weighted voting. (Remember the Clintons' AG nominee?)

jayspapa

imported post

pejames , please tell your wife thank you for me for her service . As far as the FOID card is concerned , it amazes me that we have to have this card to buy ammo or guns , but we arn't allowed to use it for ID at our DMV to get a drivers license.

I asked one time why that was and was told straight faced>>> " it's to easy for someone to make a fake FOID card. :what::banghead: The wisdom of the higherups in this state is beyond comprehension .

pejames42

imported post

jayspapa wrote:
pejames , please tell your wife thank you for me for her service . As far as the FOID card is concerned , it amazes me that we have to have this card to buy ammo or guns , but we arn't allowed to use it for ID at our DMV to get a drivers license.

I asked one time why that was and was told straight faced>>> " it's to easy for someone to make a fake FOID card. :what::banghead: The wisdom of the higherups in this state is beyond comprehension .

Will do Jayspapa.. thank you for caring bout our military serving selflessly...

I guess on the FOID card, it stands to reason that we couldnt use our drivers licenses to buy guns or ammo.. cause they can be forged too!!! ?? I dont understand the reasoning.. but, who am I?I think is's more to do with control than with anything else... It makes them feel better!!! :?:banghead:

I like the headbanger!!!

old dog

imported post

Your FOID is intended to remind you of your inferior status. It is about intimidation and harassment -- nothing more.