• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay Open Carry Event

Landose_theghost

imported post

Okay guys, Things look good on this event,just waiting for my car to sell so I'll have some extra cash to cover food...etc,On a related note if anyone needs or knows anyone who needs a nice gasmizer, I have a very clean 99' Z24 Cavalier($3200) here's the link if you w2 check it out http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/1219640545.html feel free to PM me if interested...I would appreciate if you guys could ask around for me,cuz the sooner it sells, the sooner we can get things moving! thanks ahead of time!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Study up on the dysphemistic 7Ps of planning to prevent police persecution of proper picnic participation. It's better to have a clear understanding of the laws and legal liabilities than to rush in where angels fear to tread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Ps

The 7 Ps is [ ... ] Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
planning to prevent police persecution of proper picnic participation please

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

NPH_1985 wrote:
Hey guys, can we keep things on topic. Its good we have discussion about the laws but it gets to the point of manhood measuring (if you get what I'm saying). Its June, we need to get some stuff outlined, a place decided upon, and get this event actually held. We can sit here and pull up law after law, hem and haw over whats what but we can't get anything done if we only do that.

To that end, I've sent off a letter to GBPD asking which laws we have to keep in mind as well as their policy regarding a person open carrying. Lets get something moving.

I have already had discussions with the city attorney regarding an OC picnic at Bay Beach. There is no City nor State ordinance which we would be violating. He alluded to "disorderly conduct" as a concern. This was before the AG "memo" I am about a month behind on actually moving ahead with this. What we need is $100 to reserve a shelter for 100 people. There is an additional fee for more than 100 people. We can rent 2 adjacent shelters on the East end for $200 which will cover 200 people.

Once we get the logistics down, it would be a matter of a courtesy-only call to the city and the county. We do not need their permission to do something which is legal.

I have assurance that we would have Green Bay TV-11 full media coverage. They are VERY interested in covering this.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Well lets actually see how many people are go for this if it were to take place in roughly 2 weeks... So far were @ 4 including myself. Anyone else? just reply with "I'm in" so we can get a rough estimate here...

AaronS

imported post

Green Bay in two weeks?

If thats the weekend of the 27th, we have a litter pick-up that weekend. Sat June 27th at 10 am.

Im in, if you do it sunday I guess.

protias

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Well lets actually see how many people are go for this if it were to take place in roughly 2 weeks... So far were @ 4 including myself. Anyone else? just reply with "I'm in" so we can get a rough estimate here...

What is the exact date?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Depending on exact date and time, there will be at least 6 coming with me to any local event....

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Depending on exact date and time, there will be at least 6 coming with me to any local event....

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
Depending on exact date and time there will be at least 6 coming with me.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:

SprayAndPray

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Landose_theghost wrote:

6 x 7 .... does that mean yyou are bringing 42? :D

I got at least 3 saying they want to go....

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Green Bay in two weeks?

If thats the weekend of the 27th, we have a litter pick-up that weekend. Sat June 27th at 10 am.

Im in, if you do it sunday I guess.
can you link me to information on the litter pick-up, I've heard about it, but I can't seem to find anything... thanks!