Thread: OC on a Motorcycle???

Post imported post

Here's something I've been wondering about, OC'n on a motorcycle, is it legal? I mean, your not technically "In" a vehicle. and you are openly "Carrying" in plain sight. Just want to hear some other members thoughts on this, and maybe even some insight from LEO's or Lawyers... thanks guys!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

I've often wondered about just carrying an encased firearm on a motorcycle. No matter where it may be, it will never be out of reach.
    geoff

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Amotorcycle falls under the states defnition a motor vehicle, so any fireamr mus be unloaded and encased to be legal, theas a snowmobile or an ATV.

"Out of reach"Doesnot seem to beenforced in this area that I have ever seen, I drive an extended-cab truck, I place my cased handgun on the front seat when traveling, and I will either put cased long guns behind the drivers seat, or on the passenger side floor leaning up against the front seat.

Can anyone paste the WIvehicle transport statute on this thread so we can pick it apart

Post imported post

Even tho an encased gun may be strapped to the rear or in a saddle bag, it certainly isn't accessible while riding. When I picked up an AR15 in Rhinelander a couple years ago, it rode in one saddlebag (encased), with most ofthe casesticking out. Sure got some funny looks on the ride home!