• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on a Motorcycle???

Landose_theghost

imported post

Here's something I've been wondering about, OC'n on a motorcycle, is it legal? I mean, your not technically "In" a vehicle. and you are openly "Carrying" in plain sight. Just want to hear some other members thoughts on this, and maybe even some insight from LEO's or Lawyers... thanks guys!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Amotorcycle falls under the states defnition a motor vehicle, so any fireamr mus be unloaded and encased to be legal, theas a snowmobile or an ATV.

"Out of reach"Doesnot seem to beenforced in this area that I have ever seen, I drive an extended-cab truck, I place my cased handgun on the front seat when traveling, and I will either put cased long guns behind the drivers seat, or on the passenger side floor leaning up against the front seat.

Can anyone paste the WIvehicle transport statute on this thread so we can pick it apart

Cobbersmom

imported post

Even tho an encased gun may be strapped to the rear or in a saddle bag, it certainly isn't accessible while riding. When I picked up an AR15 in Rhinelander a couple years ago, it rode in one saddlebag (encased), with most ofthe casesticking out. Sure got some funny looks on the ride home!