• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Are We Talking About??

Alexcabbie

imported post

There are among the members of this forum a wide variety of political opinions about a wide variety of subjects. We all of us often clash in the political and general discussion divisions especially. (although there have been disagreements that have become alarmingly close to violence in the technical threads over matters such as accuracy and stopping power).

I wonder however, given some of the opinions stated by certain people, just what they think we are really discussing here. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought when I first came here that this organization and forum was dedicated to the national right to openly bear a loaded firearm outside one's clothing for all the honest - and more to the point dishonest - world to see.

Now it is true that everything in the world is connected to everything else, like a big pile of pick-up-stix. And a "unified theory of everything" is something lots of philosophers have aimed for - and have forever falen short. The philosopher is useful in pointing out what is imperfect in society. But he is utterly useless increating a perfect society; because perfect society demands perffect humans. And "perfect human" is the ultimate oxymoron.

And we will NEVER have a "perfect society" because nobody can agree on what that is. Some say the "perfect society" is one in which everyone gets enough food, clothing, shelter and medical care no matter who they are or howmuch money they have. Of course this pre-supposes that some elite, superior humans will be able to lord it over on the hoi-polloi. Otherwise why would anyone labor at the farm, the mill, the factory? Why would anyone, being guaranteed the"Bear Necessities" of life bother to labor in the servic e of others?? Unless of coursesome elite Commissar were holding a gun to his head.

Now Mike and John will doubtless say that most everything I have written here is wildly off the topic of this forum, and for the most part it is. But then again it is not. Because in the GD and Political threads derailment into the realms I have posited here are all too common. The subject at hand is the danger to the RTKBA, nay, rather the resurrection of the RTKBA from the grave into which the antis have beenshovelling dirt for decades now.

It is your God-given unalienable right to say whatever TF you want. This forum is dedicated to the rght that safeguards that right (along with all the others). Personally I don't think Ron Paul would have made a very good President, but he would be better than what we are stuck with now. Personally I think we need to re-structure our entire process of selecting leaders. And no agent of Government dare knock on my door and tell me to come downtown for a talk about my opinions, and ultimately it is not because words are enshrined on a sacred piece of parchment, but because there are firearms toput teeth into those words. Our freedoms have their wellsspring and their guardian in the RTKBA. If you do not beleive in it, you have no place on this forum. Period.

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

You know, it's funny you say that Alex. I seem to remember you supporting certain curtailings of the right to keep and bear arms....

Alexcabbie

imported post

I am just generally saying that despite our differences things are getting tense. There have been good threads derailed into arguments about everything from abortion to proper barbecue or religious disputes. I am saying that we all ought to focus on the one thing this forum is about. Then again, the RTKBA is linked to a lot of things, freedom of religion comes to mind and so does the statement of Obama during the campaign that we can't expect the rest of the world to approve of us (among other things) EATING what we want. But this tyranny, be it petit or major, cannot endure the RTKBA and at the end of the day this is what we are talking about. And we do have a few Anti moles on here. And we all need to tell them to eff off. This is the time to rally around the cause.

SteveInAshand

imported post

I know what Alex is talking about , like when homosexuality & leftist PR campaigns get compared to the RTKBA , or atheism vs Christianity, or perhaps the founding Fathers intent get into the mix it turns into a fur ball.

I should know cause I can go down one of the squirrel holes in a split second, ;)

david.ross

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
... or perhaps the founding Fathers intent get into the mix it turns into a fur ball.
*cough* *gag* *kak* Here you go!

Hairball.jpg

Alexcabbie

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
I know what Alex is talking about , like when homosexuality & leftist PR campaigns get compared to the RTKBA , or atheism vs Christianity, or perhaps the founding Fathers intent get into the mix it turns into a fur ball.

I should know cause I can go down one of the squirrel holes in a split second, ;)
Steve, um, you kinda sound like Razor on one of his bad days. Could you clarify that?

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
SteveInAshand wrote:

Steve, um, you kinda sound like Razor on one of his bad days. Could you clarify that?

Oh me god there might be a fur ball brewingcause theACLU won't defend my RTKBA

know what I'm saying ? Hey ?