• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Golden Corral's firearms polcy straight from the Director of Company Relations

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sigh....

Most of these large corporate restaurants have the "official" policy, then there is the real world.

Most of these times, these policies are in place as legal "buffers". It helps prevent lawsuits.

For example, if a criminal were to enter a Golden Corral and shoot a patron, the patron's family might sue Golden Corral because they didn't do enough to prevent the criminal from having a gun there.

Asinine and ignorant, sure. But until the law protects businesses and individuals from frivolous lawsuits, expect corporations to do the "C-Y-A" thing.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Dianosis wrote:
I was asking was for an event I'm planning, and was trying to do the respectfull thing and ask before a large group of people came in all oc'ing.
In my opinion that is where you made your mistake. I have planned MANY outings... some are to repeat places but there is always a first time at each place. In this economy and we show up with 20 mouths (and wallets) they can turn us away to competition that will gladly have us.

ed

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Do you KNOW how many OC Meets/Dinners we have had a Golden Corral here in Utah. Even with Our Attorney Mitch Vilos talking to us about gun laws. We have been as many as about 50+ people present. EVERYTIME we have been meet with awesome invitations back. We have had NO problems. I have even been to GC outside of these meetings OCing and no problems.

TJ
Maybe you should ask your GC to write Scott Schaberg?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ed wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Do you KNOW how many OC Meets/Dinners we have had a Golden Corral here in Utah. Even with Our Attorney Mitch Vilos talking to us about gun laws. We have been as many as about 50+ people present. EVERYTIME we have been meet with awesome invitations back. We have had NO problems. I have even been to GC outside of these meetings OCing and no problems.

TJ
That will be hard cuz we have been to about 1,2,3...4 I believe with just the OCDO Meets/Dinners

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Schaberg'sa cloistered Beta male PR wonkin 'corporate' who's prob'ly never entered a GC slop shop. I happened to go to one (not on purpose) this past weekend someplace off I-10 north of Eloy (AZ). I had the 1911 at 10 O'Clock. Not a blink.

ed

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ed wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ
That will be hard cuz we have been to about 1,2,3...4 I believe with just the OCDO Meets/Dinners
I mean the next time you get one of those AWESOME INVITATIONS back.. simple ask THAT manager to call Scott Schaberg and tell him of his 1,2,3,4 crowd that came in, ate, paid and were welcomed back and that the policy shoud be changed to follow the laws of the states the GC is in.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

ed wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
ed wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

TJ
I mean the next time you get one of those AWESOME INVITATIONS back.. simple ask THAT manager to call Scott Schaberg and tell him of his 1,2,3,4 crowd that came in, ate, paid and were welcomed back and that the policy shoud be changed to follow the laws of the states the GC is in.

What I failed to mention is that the 4 Meets were at 4 DIFFERENT locations in the Salt Lake Valley Area:celebrate.

West Valley, Murray, Fort Union and Layton are the once I remember for certain

Dianosis

imported post

ed wrote:
Dianosis wrote:
I was asking was for an event I'm planning, and was trying to do the respectfull thing and ask before a large group of people came in all oc'ing.
In my opinion that is where you made your mistake. I have planned MANY outings... some are to repeat places but there is always a first time at each place. In this economy and we show up with 20 mouths (and wallets) they can turn us away to competition that will gladly have us.

Yep I agree, lesson learned. I OC in alot of resteraunts in my area and had even oc'd at this particular GC all without incident. Like I said, I was just trying to be poilte.

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UTOC-45-44wrote:

TJ

Good thing for Utah, Mr. UTOC-45-44 not having some kinda of stupid demonstration law like we have in Al. We can't even set up meetings while carrying , cause that's considered a demonstration, how ironic.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

GeorgiaCarry.Org ate at Golden Corral, members carrying openly, and the restaurant put our GCO sticker logo on their front door. The manager has welcomed us back anytime.

Weird.

TFred

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
GeorgiaCarry.Org ate at Golden Corral, members carrying openly, and the restaurant put our GCO sticker logo on their front door. The manager has welcomed us back anytime.
See now that is the spark of a great idea... Someone should develop a sticker with a cool logo of some sort which says "Open Carry Welcome Here" and provide it to businesses willing to post it on their door. GCO is fine, but we'd want something that would be recognized nation-wide... maybe with the opencarry.org address in smaller print at the bottom.

I bet there would be fewer robberies at those businesses compared to "No Guns Allowed" businesses!

TFred

smttysmth02gt

imported post

TFred wrote:
Malum Prohibitum wrote:
See now that is the spark of a great idea... Someone should develop a sticker with a cool logo of some sort which says "Open Carry Welcome Here" and provide it to businesses willing to post it on their door. GCO is fine, but we'd want something that would be recognized nation-wide... maybe with the opencarry.org address in smaller print at the bottom.

I bet there would be fewer robberies at those businesses compared to "No Guns Allowed" businesses!

TFred
What a great idea. We offer patronage while arming ourselves and the restaraunt welcomes us with open arms (and advertises it on the front door). Brilliant.

Let us know if this happens anywhere.

Daddyo

imported post

On my "Things I'd do just to be a PITA if I had the money" list is to open a store or restaurant and put up a "Firearms Required" sign and deny entry to anyone not carrying.

smttysmth02gt

imported post

Daddyo wrote:
On my "Things I'd do just to be a PITA if I had the money" list is to open a store or restaurant and put up a "Firearms Required" sign and deny entry to anyone not carrying.
HAHAHAH!!! Dude I LOL'ed at that one.