Thread: Opportunity to educate cops

Post imported post

I'm part of the open carry movement in WI, but my dad is a well-known LEO in MI. If you guys could put together an educational email about laws involving OC, I'll ask him to forward it to every LEO he can to get the word out. Hell, my own dad didn't know OC was legal!

I don't know the MI laws and I don't want to misrepresent you guys. Please take me up on this huge opportunity to impact theattitude of police in MI.

Thanks!

Post imported post

I have no doubt that your generous offer will be taken. I'll leave it to the pros, but thanks!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

eleuthera wrote:
    I'm part of the open carry movement in WI, but my dad is a well-known LEO in MI. If you guys could put together an educational email about laws involving OC, I'll ask him to forward it to every LEO he can to get the word out. Hell, my own dad didn't know OC was legal!

I don't know the MI laws and I don't want to misrepresent you guys. Please take me up on this huge opportunity to impact theattitude of police in MI.

Thanks!
    PM sent.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

sweet

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    sweet
    Is this Doug from TopGun shooting in Taylor?
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    sweet
    Is this Doug from TopGun shooting in Taylor?
    Welcome Jeremy, please put your city and state under your location in your profile, under my account in the top right corner.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

This is Doug and I shoot Bowling pins at TopGun in Taylor if thats what you're asking.

Are you Jason's brother?

Post imported post

Thank you for your kind offer, and also thank you for promoting freedom and security in Wisconsin.

If your quest to educate the police in Michigan ends up yielding a bigger and better letter than the one already stickied, please make sure to post it. We can always use new and improved ways to educate police.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Interesting. My dad happened to be a meeting with several police chiefs from MI, brought OC up, and got mixed responses. Most of the Chiefs knew about the movement, weren't bothered by it, kind of a "that's old news" response. Good work guys :-D

There were a few chiefs that were unaware that were educated. Made me very happy.

Interesting to me was that my dad brought up what the Milwaukee Police Chief said, "if we see you with a gun we'll put you on the ground, take it, and then decide if you have the right to carry it," all the MI Chiefs laughed and thought he was an idiot.

That's how I feel too:celebrate

Post imported post

Interesting. My dad happened to be a meeting with several police chiefs from MI, brought OC up, and got mixed responses. Most of the Chiefs knew about the movement, weren't bothered by it, kind of a "that's old news" response. Good work guys :-D

There were a few chiefs that were unaware that were educated. Made me very happy.

Interesting to me was that my dad brought up what the Milwaukee Police Chief said, "if we see you with a gun we'll put you on the ground, take it, and then decide if you have the right to carry it," all the MI Chiefs laughed and thought he was an idiot.

That's how I feel too:celebrate