• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opportunity to educate cops

eleuthera

imported post

I'm part of the open carry movement in WI, but my dad is a well-known LEO in MI. If you guys could put together an educational email about laws involving OC, I'll ask him to forward it to every LEO he can to get the word out. Hell, my own dad didn't know OC was legal!

I don't know the MI laws and I don't want to misrepresent you guys. Please take me up on this huge opportunity to impact theattitude of police in MI.

Thanks!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

eleuthera wrote:
I'm part of the open carry movement in WI, but my dad is a well-known LEO in MI. If you guys could put together an educational email about laws involving OC, I'll ask him to forward it to every LEO he can to get the word out. Hell, my own dad didn't know OC was legal!

I don't know the MI laws and I don't want to misrepresent you guys. Please take me up on this huge opportunity to impact theattitude of police in MI.

Thanks!
PM sent.

Michigander

imported post

Thank you for your kind offer, and also thank you for promoting freedom and security in Wisconsin. :)

If your quest to educate the police in Michigan ends up yielding a bigger and better letter than the one already stickied, please make sure to post it. We can always use new and improved ways to educate police. ;)

eleuthera

imported post

Interesting. My dad happened to be a meeting with several police chiefs from MI, brought OC up, and got mixed responses. Most of the Chiefs knew about the movement, weren't bothered by it, kind of a "that's old news" response. Good work guys :-D

There were a few chiefs that were unaware that were educated. Made me very happy.

Interesting to me was that my dad brought up what the Milwaukee Police Chief said, "if we see you with a gun we'll put you on the ground, take it, and then decide if you have the right to carry it," all the MI Chiefs laughed and thought he was an idiot.

That's how I feel too:celebrate

eleuthera

imported post

Interesting. My dad happened to be a meeting with several police chiefs from MI, brought OC up, and got mixed responses. Most of the Chiefs knew about the movement, weren't bothered by it, kind of a "that's old news" response. Good work guys :-D

There were a few chiefs that were unaware that were educated. Made me very happy.

Interesting to me was that my dad brought up what the Milwaukee Police Chief said, "if we see you with a gun we'll put you on the ground, take it, and then decide if you have the right to carry it," all the MI Chiefs laughed and thought he was an idiot.

That's how I feel too:celebrate