• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI Dells schools?

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

im pretty sure that there arent any schools within 1000' of "the strip" are there any schools in downtown dells?

i usually go camping up there and intend to carry as i check out the shops :)
(no bars though.. but i guess i can leave it in the car for a while :) )

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

skamp wrote:
im pretty sure that there arent any schools within 1000' of "the strip" are there any schools in downtown dells?

i usually go camping up there and intend to carry as i check out the shops :)
(no bars though.. but i guess i can leave it in the car for a while :) )

I'm not at all familiar with the Dells, but this is what Google comes up with for schools. These are simple 1000 foot radii from the center of the school zones and DO NOT measure from the property lines, so the actual no carry zones will be larger.

mvg4du.jpg

I don't know if this depicts the "strip" that you mentioned. Good luck.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

the fun part about the dells.. is that most of the little shops on the strip don't have private parking. ill have to check it out.. the campground doesnt have any rules against carrying a gun, only about shooting them. ill have access to google maps so ill make sure to check before i head out.. and ill be carrying on the hiking trails :)

MJ

imported post

Those are all not schools, or at least not ones I have ever heard of. The high school, middle school, and elementary school are all near the bottom right dot on the map shown there. The high school might be within 1000ft of the main road but I really dont think so.

There is also a school in Lake Delton but it is a couple miles off the map, it is like a block or two south of the fire department I think. I would want to be carrying on the trails around here too, there have been alot more wolves and bears pushing south lately. Plus all the crazy tourists on a 3 day drunkfest lol. Just be sure not to wander into a state park, they dont like people carrying guns there which is sad.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Well, the main obstacle is the school near Broadway and Church Street. That is "Trinity Lutheran Church and School," a private school. Looks like in the downtown main shopping area you'd have to restrict your OC to the first couple of blocks.