• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Legislative Action Alert!

Karl

imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
Doyle personally wrote me a letter during the CCW fight. I sent him a letter daily until he wrote back. I rested my case from there.
Wow, a daily letter. And I thought I wrote my elected officials frequently.

Perhaps I should try this daily thing. Even if I don't get my way, they'd all know me by name at least and consider me a royal pain in the rear. Which is fair, since I find most of them a royal pain.

Karl

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Yo Karl:

WELCOME to the forum. Read up, load up, and carry on!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't just read up, I write editorials regularly on the subject of gun rights such as this recent one in the Milwaukee Journal:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/62443257.html

BADGER GUNS
The wrong villain

I was appalled by the blatant gun-bashing bias of the front-page article on Badger Guns (Page 1A, Sept. 27). The article makes it appear that that particular gun store is doing something wrong.

Here's what the store is doing "wrong":

First, it is located closer to the high-crime areas of Milwaukee than any other gun shop, and, second, it has a high sales volume.

I can think of places that sell more guns than Badger, but it seems that criminals in Milwaukee aren't willing to take a 25-mile drive outside the city to buy their guns in areas that have almost no gun crime despite having stores that sell a stunning number of firearms.

What is the store guilty of other than being located closer to a crime-infested city than other gun shops that locate in surrounding counties where gun crime is a rarity?