• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Ozaukee

ChrisT

imported post

Hello all, I am a new member to opencarry.org and I want to say that you all are doing a great thing by informing everyone that just because someone decides to OC doesnt mean there will be a gun battle in the streets.

I am also wondering if anyone has OC'd in Ozaukee County. I reside in Cedarburg and would like to know of anyone who has had any experience in Ozaukee. Thank you all and God Bless America.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I'll come up this weekend (friday or sunday) and OC in Cedarburg and break the ice for you and post the results. Where do you want me to go? I might even bring friends. I knowa couple who don't mind a road trip.

Anyone know if downtown Cedarburg is in a school zone?

ChrisT

imported post

I was actually just searching Open Carry and came across the site. That would be great if you wanted to come and open carry up here. I know where the school zones are in cedarburg and there is one school that is at the south end of downtown but otherwise thats it.

AaronS

imported post

St. Francis Borgia School

[align=left]
N43 W6005 Hamilton Road
Cedarburg, WI 53012

Found it on google. I think it is the only school that is in the 1000 foot zone from the main street (Washington Ave.).
[/align]

ChrisT

imported post

Hello gents, as of right now I dont know if I will be able to OC with you guys on friday or sat, grandpa is a little against OC and im trying to let him see that its not like painting a target on your back.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Also to let you all know cedarburg LEOs are quite picky
Of course they are. Thats why they are cops. An elitist attitude comes with the badge? (I jest)..... (sorta)

But we won't be breaking the law so we needn't worry about the police.

In general we are always prepared for the unexpected. Thats why we OC.

You don't have to OC, you could just observe if you want. I'll let you know if Jesus and I are going to make it up there and if so, where we will be.

Also, I assume you are 18 or older?

patriotguy

imported post

FYI, going forward - I found a site that lists schools in an area:
http://www.familywatchdog.us/Default.asp

It is a national sex offender registry. Cool thing is that it maps schools, and shows where sex offenders are in relation to the school. You can use the map as a reference and figure out the 1000 ft range.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

That is a great map.

I don't think its exhaustive though. A good tool, but be careful about relying on it exclusively. For example, the school someone mentions above isn't marked on there (but several other schools close to downtown are marked.

AaronS

imported post

WI Patriot wrote:

It is a national sex offender registry. Cool thing is that it maps schools, and shows where sex offenders are in relation to the school. You can use the map as a reference and figure out the 1000 ft range.

Thanks a lot...

Now I have more reason to carry then ever!

I got about three child rapers in my neighborhood!!!

Oh, one of them lives about half a block from a school. I can't carry near his house, but he can stand outside and look for a new child to "talk" to...

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

ChrisT wrote:
Hello gents, as of right now I dont know if I will be able to OC with you guys on friday or sat, grandpa is a little against OC and im trying to let him see that its not like painting a target on your back.
Why not ask Grandpa to come along with?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

AaronS wrote:
WI Patriot wrote:

Thanks a lot...

Oh, one of them lives about half a block from a school. I can't carry near his house, but he can stand outside and look for a new child to "talk" to...
I never thought I would find myself saying this but here goes,

Be very careful when it comes to pedifiles. I feel the same way you do. However, in this great country they still have rights although limited.

The point I am trying to make here is remember how we oc'ers feel when we are targeted by the police.

Just don't want anyone thinking we open carry as an intimidation factor.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

AaronS wrote:
WI Patriot wrote:

Thanks a lot...

Just because they are on the sexual predator watch list, does not always mean they are pedophiles or bad people. I'll explain:

An 11yr old boy playing with the neighbor kids, the boy needs to pee really bad, so he ducks behind a tree and lets fly, a girl in the group walks up on him to see his tallywhacker, Later in the day the girl tells her mom she saw this kids weenie. Mom freaks out, calls police, the police question and intimidate the kid into tears and end up charging him with lewd and lascivious acts and a few other citations,Then he ends up being named as a sexual predator at age 11! So you don't think it can happen? We have a family friend it happened to! he is 19 yrs old now, and still listed as a sexual predator because he had to pee and a girl his same age wanted to take a peek.

How about the kid in high-school that turned 18, his GF is not 18 yet, they get caught knocking boots after the prom, he is now listed as a pedophile although they could have been only a few days apart in age.

I am not saying there isn't some sick bastards out there, along with people that should be castrated and/or killed, but dig in a lttle deeper to their charges to try and see what really happened before passing judgement.