• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Ozaukee

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Excellent point Nutczak. Just like we oc'ers do not want to be profiled because of the way we look. It is called profiling and unfortunately the police and court system have abused that just like a lot of other things.

It is just another way they try to turn us against each other.

I agree there are some pretty sick individuals out there and for the most part, those sickos are behind bars. The ones you mostly see on your block are the ones that got railroaded. With a few exceptions of course.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

How about the kid in high-school that turned 18, his GF is not 18 yet, they get caught knocking boots after the prom, he is now listed as a pedophile although they could have been only a few days apart in age.
Yup! Guy is 19 dating a 17 year old girl. Mom doesn't like the guy, calls police etc.... Happens more than we hear about on the news. My point iswe of all people should know how rediculously some statutes are applied.

We are law abiding people. Think if one of us walked 100 ft into the 1000ft school zone got arrested and convicted and suddenly get put on a "violent gun felon registry".

Cobbersmom

imported post

I just checked the family watchdog site and would advise that you check its accuracy on school location before trusting their info. I looked up our local high school (Lakeland Union) and they have it located about a mile north of its actual location. Sent them a note for correction.

AaronS

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
AaronS wrote:
WI Patriot wrote:
FYI, going forward - I found a site that lists schools in an area:
http://www.familywatchdog.us/Default.asp

It is a national sex offender registry. Cool thing is that it maps schools, and shows where sex offenders are in relation to the school. You can use the map as a reference and figure out the 1000 ft range.

Thanks a lot...

Now I have more reason to carry then ever!

I got about three child rapers in my neighborhood!!!

Oh, one of them lives about half a block from a school. I can't carry near his house, but he can stand outside and look for a new child to "talk" to...
Just because they are on the sexual predator watch list, does not always mean they are pedophiles or bad people. I'll explain:

An 11yr old boy playing with the neighbor kids, the boy needs to pee really bad, so he ducks behind a tree and lets fly, a girl in the group walks up on him to see his tallywhacker, Later in the day the girl tells her mom she saw this kids weenie. Mom freaks out, calls police, the police question and intimidate the kid into tears and end up charging him with lewd and lascivious acts and a few other citations,Then he ends up being named as a sexual predator at age 11! So you don't think it can happen? We have a family friend it happened to! he is 19 yrs old now, and still listed as a sexual predator because he had to pee and a girl his same age wanted to take a peek.

How about the kid in high-school that turned 18, his GF is not 18 yet, they get caught knocking boots after the prom, he is now listed as a pedophile although they could have been only a few days apart in age.

I am not saying there isn't some sick bastards out there, along with people that should be castrated and/or killed, but dig in a lttle deeper to their charges to try and see what really happened before passing judgement.
The three people that are of the most concern to me have all served time (about ten people on the list in my area). All three were 35-40 years oldat the time of the crimes. All three went to prison for the rape of a kid (I only wish the parents could have picked the punishment for them). If passing judgement on someone like that makes me a bad person, I guess I am OK with it.
You do have a good point though. A good number of people on the sex offender list got on it for dumb reasons. As stated, an 18 year old can find himself put on it real fast nowadays.

Rick Finsta

imported post

St. Francis Borgia is at the South end of the main drag (Washington Ave) in town, just where it splits into Washington and Hamilton - the church is obvious, you can't miss it. You can go about a half block South of Columbia Road and still be outside the zone. There is a Chocolate Factory ice cream shop that is fair game, and also Cedar Creek park. Othersie, there are a bunch of tourist-trap shops with useless crap in them for most of the rest of the street.

As far as the sex "predator" thing goes, as far as I'm concerned, either they are ready to be out or they are not. If they are, it's none of our business what they do, we should not pass ex post facto laws punishing them(again) retroactivelyfor the same crime. If they are not ready to be out of jail, then why are they? IMHO, anyone that can be trusted without a custodian can be trusted to live where they will.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Went for a little walk and Open Carried downtown Port Washington this afternoon and then out on the breakwater. I didn't see any schools, so I hope I wasn't in a school zone. I actually thought twice about OC'ing there because I didn't know if there were any schools, but was reminded that the law states "knowingly" carry in a school zone. I was certainly safe there.

Also stopped at the Home Depot in Grafton and OC'd while shopping. Spend 1/2 hour in the store and spoke with several employees, one for 10 minutes. Clearly many people noticed the sidearm, and as usual, no issues.

Anyone else getting out and OC'ing in Ozaukee county?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I'm writing from Port right now, from Sandy Beach South near Belgium. We had lunch at Curley's and I have had a fine bottle of wine for dinner.

Our Mrs. Host volunteered that she will take gun safety training this fall. I'll teach her what I can and have her fire a few rounds this summer.