• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I carried concealed in a restaurant last night!

livitup

imported post

... in Minnesota.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously folks... on vacation - using my Utah permit. MN doesn't have our silly ABC License rule.

I was amazed. My weapon did not try to order a beer, get drunk or unruly, jump out of my holster, or randomly begin shooting indiscriminately.

It would almost be worth buying some pols a plane ticket to show them what a non-event it is.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Virginia talk.

Thundar

imported post

livitup wrote:
... in Minnesota.

Seriously folks... on vacation - using my Utah permit. MN doesn't have our silly ABC License rule.

I was amazed. My weapon did not try to order a beer, get drunk or unruly, jump out of my holster, or randomly begin shooting indiscriminately.

It would almost be worth buying some pols a plane ticket to show them what a non-event it is.

You should inform Govenor Timmy. He thinks it would be too dangerous.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Thundar wrote:
livitup wrote:
... in Minnesota.

You should inform Govenor Timmy. He thinks it would be too dangerous.
Not if the OP is a lwayer.

virginiatuck

imported post

Pennsylvania nor West Virginia prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms in restaurants that serve alcohol. As opposed to Minnesota, they're both within short driving distance from NoVA and a resident Virginia CHP is actually valid in those states.

nova

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
Pennsylvania nor West Virginia prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms in restaurants that serve alcohol. As opposed to Minnesota, they're both within short driving distance from NoVA and a resident Virginia CHP is actually valid in those states.
Using reciprocity I've carried concealed in PA in restaurants that serve alcohol (some more like a bar that serves food) legally.

Nothing like eating a Primanti's sandwich (strip district) while packing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gotta watch the Colonial Beach area of Virginia.

If you step into a restaurant to get a bite to eat while OCing, as is legal in Va., and they have gambling - guess what? - You just crossed the line into Maryland.

And as they say, ignorance is no excuse.

Yata hey

richarcm

imported post

I wish they would just preempt the entire country. I'm scared to get anywhere near DC (for apparent reasons) and even MD because I have no clue what all of their laws say. I work out at Pentagon Row and get pretty edgy as I'm driving by the Pentagon.......