• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Campus Carry hearing Tuesday.

Dustin

imported post

Although for some reason i can't fins the article online, I read yesterday where Tuesday Louisiana's Campus carry will be voted on.

So far the opposition is speaking louder than the support it seems.

Here' some below that will make you want to puke ! :cool:

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20090512/LETTERS/905129976?Title=Campus-gun-bill-is-not-about-safety
The gun lobby is not concerned with safety.

They are only concerned with their guns — a consumer product that is responsible for 30,000 deaths a year and another 90,000 non-fatal injuries.

John Johnson

Outreach Coordinator

Campaign to Keep Guns Off Campus

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

http://www.2theadvocate.com/opinion/45268152.html
We’d also like to repeat a question posed by McNeese State University Police Chief Cinnamon Salvador when this bill was considered last year:

If lawmakers believe concealed guns are the best defense for college campuses, why are firearms forbidden in the Capitol?

[*]Advocate Opinion page staff
[*]Published: May 18, 2009

imported post

I'm beyond tired of this subject matter being incorrectly referred to as "campus carry."
Let me set the record straight.
What is being touted is nothing more than CONCEALED carry on campus.
Have any of you spectators heard any mention of OPEN carry on campus?
Didn't think so.
Again, the state and it's minions, cheered on by it's willing slaves, is merely promoting MORE "permit only" carry.
Land of the free?
Not hardly.