• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the forum - sent by referral

Fetts Lady

imported post

Hi all! New to this forum, and it was recommended by 'Comatose' over on the HR Daily Press Topixwebsite. Hailing from the Hampton Roads area, more specifically James City County. CC my XD9SC daily, but would love to participate in the open carry dinners that I see posts on.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome to OCDO. You and your fiance are certainly welcome to our OCDO dinners. There is usually one on the peninsula every 6-8 weeks or so (alternating with southside, which could be quite a trip for you all.) We always have room for new folks. Who knows, someday there may be enough people from around Williamsburg to start their own group. Anyway, read up on the regular thread about Tidewater's dinners.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Your first sentence is just sinking in. You mean to tell me there are people on the DP's site who shill for us, of all people??!!:what: Will wonders never cease! Maybe someday we'll get referrals from The Brady Bunch/ Million Mom's March websites. :monkey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Your first sentence is just sinking in. You mean to tell me there are people on the DP's site who shill for us, of all people??!!:what: Will wonders never cease! Maybe someday we'll get referrals from The Brady Bunch/ Million Mom's March websites. :monkey
Oh, I'm sure we do. I've always wondered about Hank:celebrate

Welcome to the site!;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Fetts Lady

Something you might be interest in - though it doesn't say so quests and prospective new members would be more than welcome I am sure. Brought several guests myself last year.

VCDL is hosting a potluck picnic on the 6th of June. The picnic will
be at the Riverview Park #1, located at 105 City Farm Road, Newport
News, Va.

The picnic will begin at 11:00 and last until 3:00. This picnic is a
family affair so children are welcome to attend.

Here is a mapquest link showing the location of the park:

http://tinyurl.com/pxrazx

Everyone come out and have a great time visiting with other VCDL
members.

RSVP to Ron Lilly at:

HamptonRoadsgunshows*vcdl.org

See pictures of last years Newport News VCDL picnic at:
http://vagrapeshot.multiply.com/
And Night Line video on OCDO home page.

Yata hey

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Fetts Lady wrote:
Hi all! New to this forum, and it was recommended by 'Comatose' over on the HR Daily Press Topixwebsite. Hailing from the Hampton Roads area, more specifically James City County. CC my XD9SC daily, but would love to participate in the open carry dinners that I see posts on.

I don't get down there very often, but a big welcome from northern Virginia.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Grapeshot, I am surprised at you! Why not another shameless plug for the Richmond area OC dinners? She ain't that far away!
Give me time, give me time. :)

Yata hey