• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If California Sucks So Much...

SoCoMarlins

imported post

I've lived in Northern California since 1988 (active duty USCG, I am originally from New Mexico). I retired from the CG in 1996 and have lived here continuously since.

I enjoy the weather, scenery, activities available, etc;

Being able to drive to the ocean in less than an hour, to the Sierras in 4 hours.

I hate:

The liberal attitudes of SOME Californians;

The pathological hatred of guns of any type by SOME Californians;

The high taxes;

The crowded freeways (I drive 45 miles each way to work)

The irresponsible State Government:cuss:

Bottom line: I rather be somewhere else but my wife has kids here and is very hesitant (read refusing) to leave the state.:(

Oh well

Tim

nukechaser

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
KAISER-MAN wrote:
ALL I KNOW IS THAT CERTAIN COMPANIES WON'T SHIP AMMO TO CITIES LIKE S.F. L.A. MONTEREY ETC. SO THERE MUST BE SOME KIND OF LAWTHAT PROHIBITS THESE SHIPMENTS.
They probably won't ship to you because your orders are in all capital letters. :lol:
YA THINK? oops... ya think? ;)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KAISER-MAN wrote:
ALL I KNOW IS THAT CERTAIN COMPANIES WON'T SHIP  AMMO TO CITIES LIKE S.F. L.A. MONTEREY ETC. SO THERE MUST BE SOME KIND OF LAW THAT PROHIBITS THESE SHIPMENTS.

IT'S GETTING SO BAD  I CALLED MY STOCKBROKER AND ASKED HIM WHAT HE WAS BUYING? HE SAID "CANNED GOODS AND AMMUNITION". GREAT......
There is no law, and I have a thread on calguns detailing my efforts to get Midway USA to change their policy (none too successful thus far):

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=185384

KAISER-MAN

imported post

WHAT EVER THE REASON THE AMMO COMPANIES HAVE FOR NOT SHIPPING TO CERTAIN COUNTIES, IS BEYOUN ME. HELL, ME AND MY SHOOTING BUDDY WILL DRIVE FROM MODESTO TO RENO FOR A DAY, JUST TO CHECK OUT THE BIG GUN SHOWS. SO WHY WOULDN'T SOMEONE THAT LIVES IN A COUNTY THEY DON'T SHIP TO, HAVE IT SHIPPED TO A FRIENDS PLACE AND PICK IT UP THERE? YEAH, IT'S A HASSLE BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN GET WHAT YOU WANT BY CIRCUMVENTING THIR RESTRICTIONS. RIGHT NOW AMMO IS A HARD COMMODITY TO OBTAIN IN BULK. SO I WOULD DRIVE A GOOD DISTANCE TO GET AMMO IN BULK. THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING ELSE I NEED SO I JUST MAKE A DAY OF IT. THE PRICES IN RENO ARE SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN SAY THE COW PALACE OR SACRAMENTO AND I STILL WOULD HAVE TO DRIVE 150 MILES SO RENO ISN'T THAT BAD OF A HIKE IN A HONDA ACCORD.

:celebrate

offshorextreme

imported post

I live in lancaster california crime is horrible people are rude in california i love going out of state people are much more respectful. Theres very few real americans left in california. Ohfor such great weather no one comes out of there houses anymore no interaction everyone is fat. And the food is horrible in cali.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You think the food is horrible and the people are fat here? I must know where you hail from where the skinny people resist the delicious food!

I actually think the food here is among the best I've had, although that may be because I live here and know of the good places to go. According to this: http://calorielab.com/news/2008/07/02/fattest-states-2008/ Californians are among the least fat in the country. Maybe you are from Colorado?

offshorextreme

imported post

well i didnt mean to upset anyone i was just giving my opinion about cali were i live is lancaster. Cali does have some of the worst food out of the top 10 food places to eat in the world the US only has 2 one in chicago and one in northern california. The food quality in cali is horrible my wife is a chef and has worked in one of the top 10. So im pretty hard on food judgement. Theres very few mom and pop resturants its all fast food crap.

grumpycoconut

imported post

Dude! What do you expect? You live in Lancaster. Even the coyotes in Lancaster can't wait until they are old enough to leave home. Then they can move to garden spots like El Centro and Victorville.

Are we still playing the bag on California so them out of staters will stay away? I can't tell anymore.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

offshorextreme wrote:
well i didnt mean to upset anyone i was just giving my opinion about cali were i live is lancaster.  Cali does have some of the worst food out of the top 10 food places to eat in the world the US only has 2 one in chicago and one in northern california.  The food quality in cali is horrible my wife is a chef and has worked in one of the top 10.  So im pretty hard on food judgement.  Theres very few mom and pop resturants its all fast food crap.
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(hold on, got to catch my breath...)

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your wife is a chef, huh? At Burger King? :lol:

(Sorry, I just can't get over appeals to authority coupled with objectively wrong statements of fact.)

You must have hated where you lived, but I eat better here in SF than I have anywhere in the world (and I've travelled a lot, if we need to appeal to our imagined authority ;)).

smoking357

Banned
imported post

bump_signs.jpg