• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOOK , LINE , & SPOILER EFFECT

jerg_064

imported post

Having voted Mccain in would have been even worse than obama, there are both evil as h311 on different levels.

"With a Democrat in the White House, conservatives and Christians suddenly find their principles and are able to offer resistance. Put a Republican in the Oval Office, however, and those same people become blind, deaf, and dumb to most any principle they profess."

He was for AG Holder, he supported the "brady ban", has a huge list of voting for and sponsoring anti-gun legislation. I'm not even touching the tip of the Ice berg hear. The supposed pro-gun "Republican image" people see is a cloud of smoke and can be even more dangerous. He's the one keeping his enemies closer, and guess what; free men are his enemy.

Hef

imported post

R a Z o R wrote:

AWDstylez ...

It is insane to do the samething and get a anti-POTUSagain .

Are we victors or victims ?

Will your actions elect Obama again ?
It's pretty pathetic when you've sunk to the point where you vote not to protect and promote your own sociopolitical ideology, but rather to prevent someone else from protecting and promoting their own. You are treading water, while you chastise those who actually swim.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

jerg_064 wrote:
"With a Democrat in the White House, conservatives and Christians suddenly find their principles and are able to offer resistance. Put a Republican in the Oval Office, however, and those same people become blind, deaf, and dumb to most any principle they profess."

hahaha! I'm glad someone else can see that.

Obama farts and they're all ready to revolt. Bush tries to make himself king and they all cheer him on.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
jerg_064 wrote:

Obama farts and they're all ready to revolt. Bush tries to make himself king and they all cheer him on.

AWDstylez ...

Why are you stateing a different viewpoint from your comments on John Pierce's .......

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/25761.html

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I will vote my conscience. I will not vote for the 'lesser' to avoid the greater. If the true American can't become president, and through my American inability to submit to the same old same old nets us an anti-RKBA...then they can attempt to take my firearms as I kill all they send.

Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:

AWDstylez ...

It is insane to do the samething and get a anti-POTUSagain .

Are we victors or victims ?

Will your actions elect Obama again ?
It's pretty pathetic when you've sunk to the point where you vote not to protect and promote your own sociopolitical ideology, but rather to prevent someone else from protecting and promoting their own. You are treading water, while you chastise those who actually swim.
Hef ... +1

Everyone should be free to vote theirchoice. Pointing out that Obama is an anti-Second Amendment POTUS is no surprise . If we vote the same way again in 2010 & 2012 we wil get the same results . Just being the lifeguard standing at the edge of the pool . :cool:

mpg9999

imported post

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”

-John Adams

As has already been said, there is no real difference between the Democrates and Republicans. Just two sides to the same big government coin. Obama is Bush, round three.

ElectricTurtle

imported post

Of course Obama's record and statements show him to be a rabid anti, so I'm supposed to vote for a guy whose record and statements show him to be only 'kind of' an anti instead? I actually dumped the NRA because of that. McCain had been on their list of RINO waffles for years, and then just because he received the nomination, everybody is just supposed to jump on board? Why has it been that in other races where both candidates have bad records on the rights of gun owners they won't endorse anybody, but they'll look the other way for McCain?

I learned my lesson in 2004. I voted for Bush because I was afraid of Kerry (who for all he has done should be hanged as a traitor), and because of that I effectively lent my name to all the terrible policies he tried to push like amnesty for illegal immigrants and nationalizing the banks. From that point on I swore I'd never vote fear over conscience again. I voted for Barr last November, and unless a mainstream candidate I actually think is right comes along (last one was Dole back in 96), I'll probably be voting LP whenever I can.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

R a Z o R wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
jerg_064 wrote:

AWDstylez ...

Why are you stateing a different viewpoint from your comments on John Pierce's .......

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/25761.html

How is that a different viewpoint? His article said that the gun owning community was smart enough to not be partisan - I said, "If only that were true," meaning it's NOT true. Which is again what I said in here. The gun owning community is the biggest bunch of partisan hacks this side of the Sierra Club.

khicks

imported post

we do not need 2 or three party's we need 10 2 political party's Leeds to problems like we have to day, 10 will mean that you will need to cross party lines and have a group of these party's to agree on things

Daddyo

imported post

As I told someone in the final days of the last campaign, when it looked like Holder was going to be McCain's VP:
I'm afraid if I vote for Obama, I won't be able to buy anymore guns. But if I vote for McCain, I might have to use the ones I have.

I'm sick of being told I must choose between putrid, smelly, fresh dog crap and dried up old crusty dog crap.

I truly think the elections, and particularly the primaries, are so rigged that my vote makes no more difference tan which way the wind is blowing in Tahiti.

Every time I see where someone else's kid/husband/father was killed in Iraq, I feel guilty because I voted for Bush in 2000 against my true feelings but because I was more scared of Gore than Bush.

From now on I'll vote my conscience, even if its for ZZ Top (yes, I'm dating myself). That way when it all blows up I can truthfully say it wasn't my idea. Or better yet, maybe other people will agree with me and we'll get somebody decent in office for a change.

thx997303

imported post

This all needs to start at the lowest levels of government and work up from there.

It's true IMHO that the way the political landscape is, your vote for president essentially doesn't count. But at the lowest levels, your vote does count.

Change needs to start small and get larger with time.

Gilly

imported post

I figured I would vote for the RINO as a vote against Obama. Then I decided I wasn't going to sell my vote like that. I voted third party and sleep well at night, even though my candidate didn't win. Voting for one candidate as a vote against the other one is lunacy.