Thread: St. Francis Attempts to Cite Open Carriers

Post imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/45304267.html

St. Francis - After a review of the issue by the city attorney, the Common Council apparently will not seek a way to allow police to write municipal tickets for open-carry gun violations.

Instead, the council on Tuesday will vote on a resolution that reaffirms restrictions in state law to open carry.

Ald. Ted Jarosh, a gun owner who supports gun owner rights, had wanted a way for police to write municipal court tickets in cases in which a person who openly carried a gun violated the law. Currently, such violations are handled by the district attorney's office, which can pursue criminal charges or tickets in circuit court.

City Attorney Michele Ford said Monday she determined that the city cannot adopt a new ordinance or use an existing ordinance to prosecute such violations in municipal court.

The resolution that the council will vote on cites state prohibitions on openly carrying a gun. Those restrictions include carrying a gun in a school zone and into any private business that prohibits firearms on their premises.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

redundant city is redundant

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

lol yeah I just read it too on jsonline. Anyone want to go and celebrate in St. Francis? Dam I got class in a couple hours!

Ben

Post imported post

Jarosh belongs behind bars.. How someone like that can get re-elected blows my mind....

Another thing I really really really don't understand.... What do these people think?

"I am an alderman/police chief/elected official, and I don't like guns. I am going to take it upon myself to single-handedly nullify the U.S. constitution....."

What the hell?

Centurion

Post imported post

I'm still waiting for Leon Young's "fast track legislation".

Thats what amazes me about policiticians like this. The ink on the AG memo wasn't even dry and Leon Young was promising "fast track legislation".

Of course it was great to hear him in a radio interview a week or so later say "well the thing is, its hard to get around the constitutional issues".

The cosntitution seems toreally bothers some of these politicians. No doubt for all the love and respect for our founding fathers and the document they created and the philosphy of freedom individual rights and limited government it defined that some of us have... these power-hungry hypocrite politicians must just DETEST those guys who placed such a hindrance on their ability to legislate every aspect of their subjects... er I mean citizens lives. They must just sour when they think about the constitution and how it prevents them from imposing any law they think of upon us.

They must just boil in their loafers when they pass a nice restrictive controlling sheep-herding law only to have it get rejected as unconstitutional by the courts.

Post imported post

We're dealing with knee-jerk liberalism here. All emotion; no substance; no rational thought.

I love the "Ald. Ted Jarosh, a gun owner who supports gun owner rights..." almost as much as I love "Rep. Leon Young, a former Milwaukee police officer..."

It's the "I'm just like you" mentality. I'm one of you, BUT.........

These people don't realize the extent to which they look so foolish.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

eleuthera wrote:
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/45304267.html

St. Francis - After a review of the issue by the city attorney, the Common Council apparently will not seek a way to allow police to write municipal tickets for open-carry gun violations.

Instead, the council on Tuesday will vote on a resolution that reaffirms restrictions in state law to open carry.

Ald. Ted Jarosh, a gun owner who supports gun owner rights, had wanted a way for police to write municipal court tickets in cases in which a person who openly carried a gun violated the law. Currently, such violations are handled by the district attorney's office, which can pursue criminal charges or tickets in circuit court.

City Attorney Michele Ford said Monday she determined that the city cannot adopt a new ordinance or use an existing ordinance to prosecute such violations in municipal court.

The resolution that the council will vote on cites state prohibitions on openly carrying a gun. Those restrictions include carrying a gun in a school zone and into any private business that prohibits firearms on their premises.
    Lets see if I got this right, the city of St. Francis is going to try to enact anordinance that is already a valid state law? What will this prove? Maybe they should enact a secondary ordinance for driving while intoxicated too? it makes no sense to me.

I think St. Francis is due for some large O-C walks, maybe they should call the city managers from West Milwaukee and Chilton and see how violating citizens rights is working out for them before trying to ignore our constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Post imported post

skamp wrote:
    redundant city is redundant
    You can say that again.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"