Thread: SERPA for Taurus Model 85?

Post imported post

Does anyone know if the Blackhawk SERPA sportsters for the J-frame fit the Taurus Model 85? Midway says they do, but I can't find any in stock locally and I refuse to carry openly without retention.

I am going to start carrying more often when out and about, but if anything gets confiscated uopn false detention or arrest I'd rather it be my revolver than my .45...

Post imported post

It does NOT fit. I bought one for my Taurus 85 and it does not fit because the underbarrel lug is too big. When I tried to insert the revolver it gouged the inside.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

Okay, thanks.

The search for a good retention holster for this thing is really making me mad at Cabelas. I was going to buy a J-frame (same price nowadays for a 637 or 442 as a Taurus 85) but I couldn't get anyone to even talk to me at the counter. After 30 minutes of trying to get someone's attention, I left and went to Badger.

Oh, well. I guess I can always get an Uncle Mike's or something; that's what I use for my .45 around the neighborhood, anyways.

Post imported post

I'm sure if you check around the internet, you will find an acceptable leather holster with a retention strap for your Taurus 85. It's a popular pistol, so you'd be better off finding something suitable than spending money on an Uncle Mike's job that you won't want to use much.

My wife has a Taurus 85 snubbie, and I picked up a holster with a retention strapfor her some time ago. I don't remember the make and model, but it fit perfectly, so there's stuff out there.

Post imported post

Here is an unnamed holster that I bought about 10 years ago for $5. It is ambidextrous and will work IWB and OWB depending on which belt loop or clip you use. As you can see it is a retention holster. Everything can be flipped from side to side for however you want to carry you revolver. I carried it IWB crossdraw.

Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!