• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need new holster for S&W M&P

DJ_Amish

imported post

I just got a new S&W M&P 9mm and need suggestions on a holster... will be for open carry and concealed carry...

FMCDH

imported post

Both Desantis and Galco make leather speed scabbards and thumb break models for this gun series. I have several different types for different situations.

What kind of holster are you looking for exactly...pancake, SOB, paddle, IWB, minimalist, shoulder....?

I am a huge M&P fan and carry the 9L as my primary in a Desantis pancake speed scabbard. I have found that Glock 21 holsters fit the M&P series very well also, and commonly use a Galco minimalist speed scabbard made for the Glock 21 for both my 9L and 9c. For some reason, the Glock 21 holsters fit A LOT of guns.

The entire line of M&Ps will of course be able to share the same holster.

Send me a PM if ya wana talk S&W M&P. :)

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I carry a full-size M&P 45 in a Blackhawk Serpa holster and I absolutely love it. I know there's a lot of controversy about the holster, but if you know how to use your equipment, you won't have a single problem. Someone in the Montana thread on here was dissing my mode of carry. I carry in a way that's comfortable for me, not what's always Politically Correct!
Anyways, look into the holster, you might like it. It works great and it's a reliable setup. Blackhawk also makes leather and nylon holsters too. Never know, they might have something that would tickle your fancy!!