Thread: New Recorder

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

I lost my digital recorder somewhere and don't always have my little Stealth Epic with me...so I went shopping. I wanted something that had other uses.

I have a Palm that records well and has a lot of uses including WiFi, but it is slow to start the recording if your rushed (Like talking to an irate cop).

I looked at a lot of things and then ran across a couple of MP3 players that recorded.

After looking at all of them, I chose the Sansa. It has FM radio, plays MP3's video's Photo,s, etc and the recorder is a spin the dial and hit a button. Very good quality recordings also.

It wasn't as inexpensive as my recorder but at $150.00, it ain;t gonna break the bank either. I'm also more likely to have it with me.

A side benefit is there are a number of carry cases to chose from including an armband. It records very well from inside the armband without the usual rustling I got from a pocket.

Might be worth considering for those of you that don't have a recorder yet.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Been considering one of the new mini camcorders - up to 2 hours audio & video.

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip...specs.II.shtml

A friend bought one from Best Buy for 140.00 and likes it very much - I was impressed with the download quality and very small size. Uses AA batteries too.

Only draw back that I see is 4 sec. power up time. Would still carry digital voice recorder. Note to self - need more pockets.

Yata hey
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Been considering one of the new mini camcorders - up to 2 hours audio & video.

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip...specs.II.shtml

A friend bought one from Best Buy for 140.00 and likes it very much - I was impressed with the download quality and very small size. Uses AA batteries too.

Only draw back that I see is 4 sec. power up time. Would still carry digital voice recorder. Note to self - need more pockets.

Yata hey
    I have one of thes Grapeshot.
    http://www.epicstealthcam.com/

It works pretty well but is slow to get into action
    Works great on my helmet though

PM sent

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    I looked at a lot of things and then ran across a couple of MP3 players that recorded.

You know, actually, an mp3 player that records might actually be better than a straight voice recorder.

"Excuse me officer, just a moment while I shut off my music...now what was that you asked me?"

Post imported post

architect wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

You know, actually, an mp3 player that records might actually be better than a straight voice recorder.

"Excuse me officer, just a moment while I shut off my music...now what was that you asked me?"
    That is a very interesting ploy.

I like it!

Yata hey
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    I lost my digital recorder somewhere ..........snip
    Did you ask Zeus?
    When he grows up your motorcycle might turn up missing. :celebrate

Yata hey

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    ...After looking at all of them, I chose the Sansa. It has FM radio, plays MP3's video's Photo,s, etc and the recorder is a spin the dial and hit a button. Very good quality recordings also...
    There are lots of Sansa's - which one did you pick?

Do they all have recording capability?

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    ...After looking at all of them, I chose the Sansa. It has FM radio, plays MP3's video's Photo,s, etc and the recorder is a spin the dial and hit a button. Very good quality recordings also...
    There are lots of Sansa's - which one did you pick?

Do they all have recording capability?
    The Sansa View 8 gig and I added a 16 gig card.
    http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_view

No, they don't all record